28| Tears of a Fighter

- Chapter 28 -

Tears of a Fighter

No one's POV

Several weeks passed after the big fight with Aizen. Everything was settled down and the death of Aizen Sosuke and Miyori Hono was confirmed by the Centrals. Although Soul Society had gained victory, everyone was depressed and gloomy. They had sacrificed one of the biggest secret weapons of Soul Society but not only that- they had lost a friend, comrade and Shinigami as well. Especially Toshiro... he was a total wreck.

Everyone was discussing about Miyori's sacrifice but when the ice captain was getting close to them, everyone was stopping bringing up this subject because they knew how fragile his heart had become after that.

Ichigo had lost his powers when he gave it to Miyori and he wasn't a substitute Shinigami anymore, though he was keeping in contact with Soul Society by Rukia and Renji who were visiting Urahara's shop from time to time. Ikkaku wasn't talking so much anymore and he wasn't joking around- as much as he hated her sometimes, she would always had a place in his heart. All Soul Society was shocked of losing a Captain and especially a powerful one.

Toshiro... Yesterday was his birthday. 20th of December. He had passed them alone in his room, not talking to anyone yet. Rangiku had tried to talk to him and encourage him to do something nice for such a special event but he was utterly avoiding any socializing by any means.

He didn't want to talk to anyone again. Because he knew that if he had to fall for someone again... that would break his heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Toshiro decided to take a walk alone in the night, when nobody could see him. He slipped in his shinigami clothes but left his haori back, sneaking out of the window. He walked silently in the woods, now running. He was going to a place he had discovered years ago but had also some years to visit; it meant truly a lot to him. Hinamori and him were visiting this place when they were kids and when he was visiting it, it was helping him clear his thoughts and making him forget some things.

When he stepped in, he observed the oh-so-familiar place. It was like a cave where there was a clear and crystal lake, cold water dripping from the walls. That's where Toshiro was going to start training from now on to gain more power so he could at least protect Hinamori, to protect his friends that he never got the chance to before...

"Miyori... YOU IDIOT!!" he yelled furiously, hitting the hard rock with his balled fist as tears started streaming down his face. He just couldn't handle the unbearable pain which was eating him from inside, "Why did you do that? Why did you chose to leave me alone? ... why?"

The silver haired Captain sat on a rock, tears still rolling down his flustered from the shock face. Many 'what if's and 'why's were roaming around his mind and messing up with his thoughts, giving him the weird idea of him being guilty about his girlfriend's death. What if she was alive? They would spend the rest of their lives together, maybe. They could make a family, live happily ever after... but those things were only happening in fairy tales and myths. This was reality, the bitter reality filled with imperfections and inconveniences, misfortune and despair. But if after the rain comes the rainbow, where was Toshiro's rainbow right now?

When he calmed down, he buried his face in his hands and started mumbling cuss words about his screwed life. Normally, he would have already moved on because Miyori was only his girlfriend but. . . he had strong feelings for her and being well-developed was making it harder for him.

Suddenly, a slight movement was heard outside from the cave, being heard intensively because of the silence which was floating around the hidden place. Toshiro stood up and took some hesitating steps towards the entrance of the cave, peering over a stone. Nothing could be seen from outside and he decided to get back inside but the repetitive noise made him look again at the woods, seeing something which made him freeze in his spot.

"To. . . shiro?"

???'s POV

A slight pain pierced through my left side, making me mentally groan. My index finger twitched and as a result, my eyes opened widely but for some reason, I could see everything blurry. It was like it was my first time opening my eyes. Now that I think about it. . . where am I? I know who I am but my current location is yet unknown to me. I blinked my eyes a few times and I could see properly only when I had blinked so many times I was beginning to get dizzy.

I slowly regained my power and after a lot of struggling, I actually sat up. Then, my hand crushed a small leaf and caused noise to be heard and me cussing. Soon, silent steps were heard close and I could feel someone getting close. I curled up in a ball and covered my naked parts with my hands and legs. Not hearing anything from the unexpected visitor, I crouched out of the bushes but made noise again, making the person immediately re-appear.

But when my eyes met him, memories inserted my mind and made me go crazy from all the information I gathered in a couple of seconds. His eyes were widened in disbelief too and my mouth opened, revealing my knowledge about him, "To. . . shiro?"

"Miyori" I heard him breathing out, falling on his knees. His face was seeming wet and flustered- was he crying before? My last moments passed through my mind; the release of my Bankai and my good-bye to everyone. How many days had passed since then?

His voice brought me back to reality, something warm wrapping around me. "How?" I heard him ask and that brought tears in my eyes, making them roll down my face fluently.

"I. . . I don't know" I answer him with a shaking voice, my eyelids burning and my body shivering from the cold and the absence of clothes around it. "But everything is okay now. . . Everything will be a-alr. . . right. . .". With that, both of us bursted into tears, standing down from the night sky where no one could hear us.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miyori was transferred in the lab of Captain Kurotsuchi for further explanations about the miracle that had happened. It had proved that Faiabado is the name of the mythical "Phoenix Bird" which is immortal because when it dies, its ashes are turning into his previous body again. Miyori's technique required that but it had a small cost for the user.

She had lost her powers as a Shinigami.

Now, she would be just a regular Human and according to the plans of Captain Commander, she would be sent in Human World where she would stay in Urahara's Shop until they'd figure out a way to give her and Ichigo their Shinigami powers back. 

But no one knew that her trip had just already began.

________________________________________________

Last chapterrrr!!! Only the epilogue is left! Ahh, and then-- WAIT WHAT, there is a sequel! :D Yeap, you heard right, a damn sequel! :D

Which will be published in two-three months or so? :p

Sorry peeps, but I have other fanfictions to finish with or begin with and the sequel will come after those~~ Probably on November!! 

So, stay tuned! I love ya all, you know that? :') Without you, I would have never reached so far! 

So, xoxo to everyone ^_^