23| The Final Battle III: 1st Lost Chapter

- Chapter 23 -

The Final Battle III: 1st Lost Chapter

No one's POV

Miyori stared at the male with utter surprise. His black locks and the emerald tear paths were bringing her an unpleasant headache; she knew this guy from somwhere in the past, she was sure of that. And now saying that he knew everything about her... meant that she had a connection with him years ago.

"Ulquiorra..." she mumbled, the name feeling familiar in her tongue. The girl bit her lower lip, both Ichigo and Ulquiorra staring at her intensively. "Can you tell me then about who I am? Where I am from?"

Ulquiorra took a big breath and nodded, looking at her with his emotionless orbs yet they hid a sad emotion in them years now. Then, the male started the now long forgotten story...

...

Ulquiorra stepped in the huge auditorium Aizen had prepared for the Espadas' meetings. The raven male was new in there, yet he had managed to get the place of number 3 of the Espada, the strongest among the other Arrancars. Aizen had ordered him to wait in the council room because of something he had to give him.

Ulquiorra was prepared for everything; he had even brought his sword with him in case he was preparing an attack against him. A strong spiritual pressure made the raven head look behind him, where Aizen was just entering the room. But he wasn't alone. Behind him was standing a tiny red-haired girl, her red locks falling freely on her arms while her yellow eyes were giving a surprising calmness. She didn't seem very old; she was looking like a fourteen year old girl.

Ulquiorra's emerald eyes went straight after on Aizen who was smirking. "Ulquiorra, this is Cielo Arder, a new Espada. Or should I say a former Espada, since she will be your new fraccion" the brunnete stated, making Ulquiorra panick mentally, his face staying emotionless.

"My new fraccion? Where are you taking this, Aizen-sama?" he asked suspiciously, his emerald eyes falling on the girl who was slightly scared from the intense atmosphere.

Aizen grinned at him, motioning carelessly at him, "Ulquiorra, there's nothing more about it. I just offer you some help; a fraccion to help you out with your probelms, concerns, tasks and... needs" The last part made Ulquiorra being embarassed, he could never do such a thing to anyone.

But finally, the Espada bowed deeply at him and took a step front. "Thank you a lot, Aizen-sama. I guess I have to take her to a tour around?" he asked and when Aizen nodded, Ulquiorra motioned to the crimson haired girl to follow him.

Cielo fidgetted close to the taller male, observing him from the corner of her eye. Her general appearance was one of a true Espada; red bright hair which were reaching down her waist, yellow glimmering eyes, the usual white uniform of the Espadas which was a mini dress for her and her broken mask to the side, covering almost half of her face like a real mask humans were wearing to festivals.

The thing she didn't know was that Ulquiorra was staring at her from the corner of his eye too, examining her odd yet cosy figure. He stopped walking and turned to her, looking at her for a while. The girl stopped too, looking at him obviously confused. Surprisingly, the raven haired male extended his hand towards her, "Ulquiorra Ciffer"

Cielo looked at his hand with an odd expression, tilting her head to the side as a sign of utter confusion. Then, she grabbed his hand loosely and shook it lightly, a small smile forming on her lips, "Cielo Arder"

Her sweet and gentle voice rang in his ears, sending him a warm feeling which embraced him; that was called happiness. But his emotionless mascade never changed and he nodded, leading the new girl in their room.

...

"Nani?! We have to stay in the same room?!" Cielo exclaimed shocked, her cheeks flushing a bright red color. Ulquiorra had just informed her that they had to share the room since there wasn't any available near his.

The male looked at her, slightly raising an eyebrow. "For what the sudden surprise? You are lucky that I don't treat you as other Arrancars' fraccions or you would have been dead by now". Cielo gulped hardly at his statement, connecting his words with the "needs" Aizen had mentioned before.

The tiny girl sighed and her yellow eyes travelled around the room, searching for a comfortable place she could sleep at. Cielo let out an exclamation sound and jogged towards a small corner of the room where there were no furniture; it was also cosy and friendly and was giving a special feeling. Ulquiorra noticed her attractiveness for that certain place and threw her so,e blankets so she could make her room her new home.

Cielo stuck out her tongue at him and began fixing the blankets and bed sheets which would be her new bed. When she was finished, she plopped on the small nest she had created and let out a sigh of satisfication. Ulquiorra had been watching her from afar all this time, his thoughts and guts telling him that Cielo would prove a special person to his life.

...

"Ulquiorra-sama, that was very dangerous, ya know! You shouldn't do that ever again!" Cielo yelled at him frustrated, her eyes glaring hardly at him.

Ulquiorra didn't even react to her glare and motherly scold; he just ignored her and made his own way in their room, closing the door behind him soundly. He had just gotten back from a mission in the Human World and his life had been put in danger, fact which made Cielo angry. Her small fists began bumping on the door as she hit them on it, holding herself back from yelling and making her voice been heard in the whole white palace.

Ulquiorra didn't respond to her despereate calls, he stayed on his comfortable bed and stretched his tired muscles. As soon as her fists hitting on the wooden door had stopped, the male felt something deep inside him. He wasn't sure what he was feeling exactly, but the feeling was filling him with happiness and... love? The raven head wiped off those thoughts as soon as he could, not wanting to hear those things.

...

Several days had passed since then and Cielo still hadn't spoken to Ulquiorra. Said fraccion was still irritated with his childlish behaviour and she was avoiding him anytime possible. The male had tried to speak at her once but she was giving small and monotonous answers.

Soon, an Arrancar meeting had been called by Aizen. Ulquiorra had gone alone, without Cielo accompanying him, thing which made him feel empty. But since he was from the start empty; that's what being a Hollow means; he didn't mind her reaction to his actions and shrugged it off.

After the meeting, Ulquiorra headed back to his room where he found an unexpected and rathed unpleasant surprise waiting for him. Cielo was giggling while talking to another Arrancar; the short boy had pitch black hair and yellow eyes like hers, a tiger's ancient skull being his mask. Ulquiorra immediately recognised the Arrancar or should I say former Espada, he was one of the servants of the 2nd Espada, Ggio Vega.

He gritted his teeth slightly ,as much as a surprise for him, because he didn't know why he had done that. Then, his movements were like they had been controlled by a machine. He took a step front and in between the two Arrancars, giving a cold stare at Ggio. "Leave. Now."

Ggio didn't want to leave, especially now that he had gotten the chance to get to know better Cielo. He cursed mentally but obeyed the orders of his superior and left. When he was out of sight, Cielo shoved Ulquiorra away by pushing him and yelled frustrated, "What the actual hell?! Why in the world did you do that?! Are you nuts?!"

Ulquiorra remained emotionless and just stepped in the room, Cielo following him and yelling continuously at him. But his thoughts were somewhere else. He was thinking about his feelings; what had he felt when he saw Cielo with that Arrancar.

Ulquiorra's eyes widened in realisation, taking a peek of Cielo's angry face. Is that what we call... jealousy?

--------------------------------

Again, sorry for not answering the comments but I'm in camp ^_^