26| The Final Battle VI: Karakura Town

- Chapter 26 -

The Final Battle VI: Karakura Town

Miyori

"Miyori-san, please, wake up" A whispering voice pleaded into my ear, strong arms holding my back so I wouldn't fall back. A small groan escaped my lips and as soon as I opened my eyes, I saw a dusted and slightly wounded Ichigo staring at me with his chocolate brown orbs. I felt puddles of tears creating at the corners of my eyes, seeing him safe and alive and I was ready to wipe them away but a sharp pain prevented me from doing so.

"Oh, shit" I cursed and my eyes drifted on my right shoulder. The cloth was a bit scratched and the bitter red liquid was running down my hand, falling from my fingers down to the mud. I tried to lift myself up but my body refused to agree with me and stayed still on the ground. "A lil' help with that?"

My body was lifted up by Ichigo and he was ready to drop me over his shoulder but I pushed him away, landing on the ground steadily. I may have been a total weakling at the past few hours but the countdown had already started and I was prepared to push myself until death to save everyone. Ichigo cursed me with improper words and I rolled my eyes which suddenly fell in a not-so-familiar outfit which wore the person we were looking for all this time. Orihime Inoue.

My heart raced and my mind went dizzy- everything that had happened the past few hours didn't make any sense at all! Ichigo was supposed to be dead and Orihime was locked up in one of Las Noches' rooms, together with someone to watch after her. Well, everything had gone upside down, twisted, backwards and any other shit someone could think of.

"Wait, guys, guys, what just happened? You, were supposed to be dead and you.. you were supposed to be imprisoned by some ass Arrancars; yet everything is nice and good and I'm the retarded Captain who doesn't know what is going on?" I exclaimed angrily, the three of them staring at me like I was a psycho who had just escaped jail.

"Ichigo fought with Grimmjow-sama and he won! Before that, that lady healed him and he came back to life!! I'm so glad Ichigo won dis battle!!" Nel exclaimed happily and hugged Ichigo tightly, the strawberry popping a vein at the continuing hugging.

After that, Orihime healed my not fatal wounds and we were ready to leave, thinking that it would be dangerous for us to stay any further in Hueco Mundo, the enemy's land. Suddenly, a panting sound was heard and we turned around only to see a blood covered body of an Arrancar- that must be "Grimmjow-sama" Nel told me about. Wait a minute... I can recognize that guy! He's the Espada who had attacked Karakura Town when we were in Hitsugaya's Advance Squad, I thought quickly, my eyes staring at his defeated figure. Considering that he was the sixth Espada and was defeated by Ichigo, that would mean a small win for Soul Society and all of us, Shinigamis. Yet, he wasn't dead. His trembling figure managed to stand up and point at Ichigo with his zanpakuto, asking for more fight. Ichigo dropped his sword on the ground and aimed for Grimmjow's hand which he successfully grabbed and prevented from stabbing him. Ichigo seemed to be telling him to stop fighting but the Espada stood his ground and didn't gave up until... a weird-shaped sword stabbed him at the side of his chest, sending him dead a few meters away.

My shocked gaze looked at the destination of the sword and realized that it was handled by one of the Arrancars- or should I say an Espada, since his spiritual pressure was abnormal. He actually looked like an elf- he had long, black silky hair which reached down his visible chest from his V-robe, his grin being huge and monstrous, his shoes being twirled up like a fairy's while his left eye was covered by an eye patch.

"An Arrancar?" Ichigo asked dumbfounded but as soon as the unexpected guest approached us closer, he corrected himself: "An Espada"

"I'm asking you who you are, answer me!"