Chapter Eight: No Reception

Scarlett's POV
We were still talking to Cosima when we decided to go downstairs.

Cosima's POV
"Do you want to come with us?" I look up alert and blink.
"Uh.. Sure!" I say as we all head down to the Batcave. It looked pretty cool from what I saw.
"Oh! Wait." Honey whispered picking up something to get it out of my way, so we couldn't be heard. Dad told me about this place, so did mom, there wasn't much to describe, and I could see now why. It's just a cave with memorabilia.
"Bette, you should just talk to Kate."
"That'll be the day when Luke comes back!" Mom said glaring at one of them. Carmen looked a bit ashamed.

Scarlett's POV
"Your dad's not here?" Cosima shook her head. She then points to Uncle Damian.
"He's the one who assigned my dad to be in Africa. He's been there for a month trying to find Cheetah." I nod. We listen to the conversation some more.
"I think I have an idea..."
"What is it?" Rick asks.
"We have to ask someone else's side of the story."
"Who?"
"Cosima, have you ever heard of a woman called Kate Kane?"
"Only from voicemails. Mom just ignores them."
"Well you're about to meet her..."
"Oh no..." Rick muttered and I gave him a bat glare.

~Kate's House~

Scarlett's POV
I knock on the door.
"What a surprise! Come on in!"
"Thanks Maggie," I reply, "do you know where Kate is?"
"She's in living room."
"Thanks!"
"You're welcome Scar!"
"Who was that?" Cosima whispers.
"Kate's wife."

Kate's POV
"Hello?" I hear Scar's voice.
"Yes?" Scarlett, Adian, Honey, Carmen, Derrick, Janie, Allen, Birdie, Alexa and... A friend enter the room.
"Who's this?" I ask.
"This is Cosima. Bette and Luke's daughter." Birdie replies and I shake Cosima's hand. African American. Had the eyes of Bette. Perfect combination of the two of them... If I could only tell my niece that...
"Anyway, we're to ask about well... Why does my mom ignore your calls?" Cosima asks. I sigh.
"Well, I guess it's about time I tell the story... All of you, please sit, make yourselves at home," I begin as they all sit down, "now, it started about a month after Helena and Damian graduated from college..."

Flashback
"Oh hi! Bette! You wanted to see me?"
"Yeah. Aunt Katie, I have some great news!"
"Oh!"
"I'm getting married to... Luke!" I remember my niece's happy expression, she was excited and wanted a great reaction from me... But I was less enthusiastic...
"Oh... I'm so... Happy for you..."
"Aunt Katie, what's wrong?"
"Um... Well, Bette, are you sure Luke is... Right for you?"
"Right... right for me? Aunt Katie what does that even me?!"
"Now, Bette don't get mad. I'm merely saying that... It just seems that you're rushing into this..."
"Fine. If you leave that when then don't even bother coming to the wedding!!!" That was the last time I saw my niece...in tears.

End of flashback

"Why did you not like my mom marrying my dad? Was it because he's-"
"What?! No! It wasn't because he was African American, it was because... I thought she wasn't ready for marriage... And. I... Didn't want to lose her..."
"I'm sorry." Cosima says and I look at her in surprise.
"Well... Thank you. If I could tell my niece these things I just-"
"Well, how about we set something up!" Scar said quickly.

Scarlett's POV
"WHAT?!" Everyone exclaimed.
"Yeah. It'll be very simple. You in, Kate?"
"I can't believe I'm saying this but, I'm in."

~Wayne Manor~

Bette's POV
Scar drags me downstairs to the Batcave.
"Scar! What are you-" I look up stopping in my tracks, "Aunt Katie?!" My aunt looks up at me. I start to back away when Scar grabs my arm.
"You're not going anywhere until you talk to her!" She says holding my arm tight.
"Fine." She smiles and leaves locking the door.
"Why are here? Why should I forgive you? You can't accept the man that I love!!"
"Bette...
"Forget it!!"
"BETTE!!! It wasn't that. I... I didn't what to lose you..."
I blink at her.
"Aunt Katie... You won't lose me. Not now. Not ever.." She smiles and I hug her beginning to cry.

~Bette's house~

Cosima's POV
I'm sitting in my room staring at the ceiling when someone knocks on my door.
"Hello?"
"Dad!!" I get up and hug him.
"So, how's my little girl."
"Dad, I'm 15."
"I know," he says laughing, "so, how were you without me?"
"Fine. I met some friends."
"Oh? Why don't you tell me all about it."

Author's Notes
Betuke... Bette and Luke... Hmm... should I change it? Now, took a break, homework. I have a 4 day weekend!!!😀 Now, I've got to see a movie and work on Love Stories... The tie in with Indescribable. I have four books!😱 This one. Superhero Academy (which I haven't written in forever!! Ok, a couple of weeks ago..) Hmm... Oh! Love Stories like I said. And... Am I Man or Machine? So yeah, also homework this week was crazy!! Next chapter is going to be... Either, double date, Honey and Allen/Scarlett and Derrick, or them hanging out with their friends. I vote for the double date!😜 Also, how do you like Bette and Luke being a couple or Luke being a dad?
Buh bye!
BatgirlGeek❤️