Chapter Twelve: A Lover of Riddles (P1)

A week later...

~Gotham Academy~

Scarlett's POV
"You ready Lucy?" Lucy looks at me and nods smiling. I smile back as we go inside the school.

~Homeroom, 7-11~

(Lucy's POV)
"Class! We have a new student. This is Lucy Quinn." Once the teacher is done I sit down. Someone taps me on the shoulder and I turn around.
"Sorry, I just wanted to say hi and if you need anything I can help. My name's Robert, by the way."
"Well thanks Robert." I say smiling as the bell rings and I go to my first class.

~Lockers~

Scarlett's POV
"Derrick, I'd love to go on a date with you but I've got to study for a History test. Sorry!" I say pouting.
"It's ok, we'll just have to-"
"Sh! Shh! Sh!"
"But-"
"No!"
"But-"
"Not now! Look over there!" I say pointing over to Lucy by her locker talking to someone.
"Who is that guy she's talking to?" I ask aloud.
"Oh that's Robert Xavier." Rick replies.
"You know him?"
"Eh... Not really. He's kind of popular for his jokes. However, he's really a lover of riddles."
"Lover of riddles..." I repeat as Robert walks away from Lucy.
"I'm going to talk to her. Text you later." I say giving Derrick a kiss on the cheek and he blushes.

{Allen's POV}
I smirk as Derrick blushes at Scar kissing him on the cheek. Oh boy! Am I going to have fun with this!

Birdie's POV
I was walking to my locker when I saw a smirking Al... That can't be good.
"Al? W-what are you smirking at? Al, please tell me you can here me. Al you're scary me!"
"I was smirking at Rick blushing at Scar kissing him on the cheek." He replies turning to me.

{Allen's POV}
"Oh, ok." Bird replies shrugging.
"How do you think Lucy did today?" I ask changing the subject and turning towards Scar talking to Lucy.
"She did pretty well in science. I think she likes it. No, LOVES it!"

Scarlett's POV
"Hey Luc!"
"Oh hi Scarlett."
"Who was that you were talking to?"
"Oh, his name is Robert. He's in my homeroom," Lucy says putting her books in her bag trying to balance it, "he, uh, said that if I need anything I could ask. Thanks!" She finishes as I grab her bag from her knee.
"You're welcome! Why so many books?"
"Oh, uh, they're just books from the library."
"I see. So, what do you think of Robert?" I ask trying not to smirk.
"Oh, uh, he's nice. Really funny. Tells a lot of jokes!"
"Any riddles?"
"Riddles?" She asks puzzled.

~Batcave~

Birdie's POV
"You mean we can patrol?!"
"Yes, after thinking-"
"And talking-"
"A lot."
"Are you two done interrupting me?!" Uncle Tim asks Uncle Dick and Aunt Stephanie, sighing, enraged.
"Yes." They say in unison shrugging. Uncle Tim sighs again,
"We think that you are ready." I couldn't hold it in. I was smiling like a buffoon, squealing through my smile.

~Gotham City Bank~

(Lucy's POV)
Our mission isn't that exciting. We just wore our normal clothes and masks. The only thing that was interesting was that Riddler had a sidekick with him. I thought that was hero thing?

Riddler's POV🍀
"Distract them, now!" I shout as I grab all the bags.

(Lucy's POV)
As I was running Riddler's sidekick ran over right in front of me.
"Heh, you may be just starting out as Riddler's sidekick, but you really are stupid to-hm!" I blinked standing there paralyzed as he kissed me... A villain kissed me!
"Sorry. I just couldn't let a pretty face like you get away." He said winking. As he ran off... I almost started to vomit before Scar came over.
"Are you ok? You look like you're about to vomit!"
"Riddler's stupid sidekick kissed me!!!"

~Batcave~

(Lucy's POV)
"I'm sorry!! I got distracted!!!" I pleaded to Tim.
"What did you do?" That was an answer I couldn't say.
"The Riddler's sidekick kissed her..." Cosima said standing up for me. Tim blinked at me. He then sighed.
"Was it accident?" Stephanie asked.
"He said I have a pretty face..." I mumble. Stephanie smirks.
"How about we discuss this in the morning?" Luke suggests and Tim nods.

~Riddler's Safehouse~

Robert's POV
"Dad, I think I'm in love with her."
"You can't be in love with Harley's daughter, for one she is becoming a hero and two she's a nut like her mom."
"You don't know her! I know her from school! She's very sweet and shy!" I protest to my dad.
"Well too bad! Besides, you're going to meet another girl tomorrow for a date."
"Who?"

~Dance~

"The name's Poppy, Poppy St. Cloud."

To be continued...

Author's Notes
I didn't again! Writing Author's "POV" instead of "Notes"! Oh! Are you wondering where I've been? Right! Sorry! Basically I was busy with school and then my phone, iPad and computer got taken away for doing what I was supposed to do... So there's that... Also, I wrote a new book called Alissa Robinson, I hope you like it! In other news... I HAVE 189 FOLLOWERS!!! I want to thank everyone who follows me and the readers especially:
catmikaelson
HopeWayne
AaliyahDomenech
EthanxDrake
songosama
I know that I've thanked you guys a lot but you'll always be special for being the first people to read this series, so thank you again! I also didn't want to spilt this into two parts (or three) but then at the last minute I decided too, one last thing, yes I know Sliver St. Cloud might now be a villian but I wanted her to have a daughter so Poppy St. Cloud was born! Other than that, have a lovey day!😊
BatgirlGeek❤️