Chapter Twenty-Four: Crisis (P2)

~England, about 2,800 miles from Gotham City~

Helena's POV
"Yes, Hope. I know. I can't promise anything. We'll get back as soon as we can. No! Hope! Wait! Fine. Goodbye."
"Trouble in paradise?" I ask my brother as I come into the room.
"Yeah. A little," Damien admitted, "she says that she'll kill me, the next time she sees me." I pout and give him a hug from behind.
"I'm sorry, Damien!"
"Don't be. I'm fine." He replies chucking the phone on the table.
"Hey guys?" We both look to see Dick at the doorway.
"Yeah?" I ask standing up.
"Holly just texted me. No one can find the kids."
"What?" Jason says coming into the room.
"I'm going to call Birdie." I say going to my room and getting my phone.

~Wayne Manor~

Birdie's POV
"Oh no! My mom's calling!"
"C'mon. We can walk and talk at the at the same time." Scar says continuing to walk up the icy sidewalk.
"Maybe put her on speaker?" Honey suggests moving away from our little group to be with Scar. I do as she says and my mom is put on speaker.
"Hey mom? What's up?"
"Where are you?!" My mom asked concerned.
"Uhh... at home. Why?" I lie.
"No you're not! My Aunt Holly called Uncle Dick and said that she was worried about you." My mom explained.
"That doesn't prove anything she might have-"
"AND the rest are all worried, about ALL of you!" Mom says interrupting me and everyone stops in their tracks.
"Ok... we're not home... or at the diner like we told them." I confess.
"At least your being honest-finally. Now, where are you, really?"
"We... we uh-" I was about to finish but Scar interrupted me.
"We just got back from Wayne Manor." Scar says ashamed.
"You what?!" Aunt Barbara says shocked.
"Yeah... and we found out why you left. We were curious about why you left, so we went to the diner for an alibi and then we went to Wayne Manor to see if we could find any evidence that related to your disappearance." Honey explained.
"We're really sorry, but to be fair you did not tell us that you were leaving." Cosima adds and we all give her a look.

~England~

Bette's POV
"What?! Don't give me that look! We were all thinking it!" My daughter protests making my husband smirk behind his folded hands.
"Well, anyway. We went there. We saw what happened. Everyone in Gotham knows your names. Look, we want to help! What can we do?" Scar asks. Helena looks at all of us. We knew why they wanted to help. We wouldn't done the same thing. Helena then looks at her dad for his approval. He then shakes his head "no".
"I'm sorry but... we don't need the help. We'll be fine. "
"Ok. Bye." Birdie said and then I hung up.
"Explain to me why we can't let them help?" I asked slightly giving a bat glare to dad.
"You can't use my own power against me, sweetheart," dad explained slightly amused at my attempt, "on the matter of them helping, it's too dangerous." Dad replies.
"That's pretty interesting considering that you had boys as young as 13 become your sidekick." I mutter bitterly getting glares from my brothers.
"Hacking." Babs mutters. I perk my head up.
"You think they'd want to do something so extreme?" I ask Babs and she nods.
"They'll do anything to get us back," I nod and she continues, "besides, they know how. You think they wouldn't use that skill?" I nod looking at England's sunset.

~Gotham City, Monday~

Honey's POV
I'm staying at Celeste's house in her room. My brother took their guest room. It's been two days now since my parents have gone missing. I wish we could figure out a way to bring them back... or at least Janie's grandfather could. It kinda baffles me that he's still the commissioner, he's pretty old now. Why hasn't he retired? With that thought in my head I grab my backpack and go out the door with Celeste, Adam and Adian.