❦Chapter 23❦

Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do.

「️♔️」️

Scarlett’s POV

The wedding is going to take place just 13 hours from now, I am starting to sweat as a thin line of sweat covers my forehead, and this was not from nervousness- well maybe a little part from it, but this is mostly from trepidation.

My plan, which was earning the trust of none other than the devil himself, backfired. I mean, who would even give their trust to a person who swore that she will never be his Queen? Or how she will forever hate him and would rather burn in the pits of hell itself rather than to be his? Well, I guess he isn’t that idiotic as he seems.

The whole Kingdom is so busy in preparing an unwanted wedding that they do not even realize that they are wasting their time, effort and money. Not only that but all the women who are busy preparing me for the prenup are wasting their curses, saliva and breath trying to calm themselves from pulling my hair and slapping me in the face.

I am quite not cooperating with them, always moving around that the make-up they are applying me would smudge and mess their work.

I silently snicker and laugh at them.

Why would I even bother to cooperate with them, I didn't want this to happen and they didn't want to be here. I don't care that I was making their jobs harder.

After being dressed in a plain white dress that the seamstress had made me- one hour that I had to stand like a wood and this is the dress that I get? I’d rather wear cotton than this, no thanks. And they really shouldn’t have gone through all of these efforts just for this utter nonsense, I feel pity for them, they can’t do anything since they are in the commands of their King.

“You look stunning” Dimitri said as he entered the room as he scanned my body while grinning like the Cheshire cat he is. He was dressed in a black tuxedo but he doesn't even come close to how Damien looks.

I rolled my eyes in response to him but once he growled at my insolence. I apologized before I showed him submission, I hated submitting to him, the only person I should submit to is Damien. He was looking all smug and proud that I apologized to him, I so badly wanted to punch him straight in the face but held it back as I plastered a fake smile on my face.

He then came closer to me and without warning he crashed both our lips together and I widen my eyes as he kissed me with full force, I tried to not shiver in pure horror as I shut my eyes tightly shut, awaiting for the kiss to finally end.

As soon as he pulled away I let out a relieved breath, he came closer to my ear and whispered, “I’ll see you downstairs” he pulled back with a smirk playing his lips and this time I couldn’t help the shiver that ran through my body producing goose bumps.

As soon as he exited I wiped my lips from his disgusting saliva that he left and tried not to gag as tears swelled in my eyes. I wanted to cry and destroy my make-up, but fought against it.

The prenup was starting and Dimitri was already downstairs as he talks to his royal subjects, I was biting my lower lip in nervousness. I took calming breaths before I went downstairs myself, waiting for this to end as soon as possible.

All eyes were trained on me as they take a glance at their soon-to-be Queen and wandering why she smells like a Werewolf and why she was Werewolf.

I tried to give them my fakest, most believable smile that I could muster as I tried and contain my tears from falling. I looked at Dimitri who was grinning triumphantly and it took me all my strength from glaring at him.

As soon as I came down, Dimitri wrapped his arm around my waist and it itched me to claw his hand off of me, so I clenched my jaw from the temptation as Dimitri led us to the crowd full of Vampires, who was staring at me with curiosity, hatred and disgust.

Dimitri introduced me to some of his Vampire friends and some of them congratulated us and I tried my very best to be polite and courteous with them, Dimitri seemed pleased with how well I am behaving myself.

After talking with most of the people in the room I was already exhausted, my jaw already feels like it was permanently glued to each other from too much fake-smiling, my feet are already tired and the dress was suffocating me little by little, apparently it was a little bit too small for me. I am starting to think that the seamstress dislike me and purposely did this on purpose.

After 2 hours of torture Dimitri led the both of us upstairs and away from the crowd, I couldn’t be more thankful as I think about sleeping and not having to care about Dimitri and his stupidity.

As it dawned me that me and Dimitri are going to bed together I suddenly wished to stay up all night talking to the guests- albeit all I want to do is sleep – rather than be with a room alone with Dimitri. As soon as we entered the room, Dimitri pushed me until my back met the door and attacked my lips with his, I let out a scream as he pushed his lips against mine with more force.

I tried to push him back using my hands but he wouldn’t budge.

He then attacked my neck with open mouth kisses and I pleaded him to stop but he just continued as he went lower and lower, ignoring me as I scream and sob. He put a hand against my mouth, muffling my screams and pleas while the other one pinned both my hands over my head, making me do nothing but struggle harder. Tears are already falling faster and harder as he slowly removes his hand from my mouth as it enters my dress and lay on my thighs.

I scream for him to stop but he kisses my mouth to stop me from talking as his hand goes higher and higher until it touches the lace of my panties, my eyes widen as I thrash with more force.

“Shh… I’ll promise I’ll go easy on you, then you will only scream my name in pleasure” I whimpered as he pushed my panties down and placed his hand on my center, he moaned as he touched my sensitive part and I screamed. I was disgusted that he took pleasure knowing that I am not willing.

“Please! No!” I screamed as I tried to remove his hand from trapping both my hands but he just tightens his grip, making it impossible.

“So, soft” he groaned and I spat at him in fury but he just licked the saliva running down his face and I looked at him nausea and loathe.

“W-hy a-re y-ou d-oing th-is?” I asked him as he continues to assault me.

“With you being a Princess, a pure blood Werewolf, we can make hybrids that will be as powerful as a Lycan. Do you really think I wanted you because I love you? You must be fucking delusional then; I only want your blood, your genes. I want strong heirs and you can give that to me” he said as he kissed my lips once again. I shook my head at him, pleading him that what he is doing is wrong.

He is forcing someone to bear his children and unluckily that person is me.

“No more playing around, now give me what I want, or else I’ll kill your precious mate” he said as his eyes are hooded, he licked his lip with intent as a devious smile appeared on his face making me cry out.

I whimpered as he teared the dress off of my body only leaving me in my bra and my half-put on panties, he smirked at the sight of my almost naked body and the only thing that I could do was to pray.

And I prayed hard.