Prologue

Here I am, on a hot Texas night, staring at the full moon through the barred window in my cell, sitting on my stone bed. I will get my revenge. People have promised me things that they are going to fulfill. I am getting out. I am getting out now.

I hop off of my rock, I mean bed, and I stare at the rusty bars of my cell. One year. I've been here for one year, and I'm not staying here another second. Over the months, I have managed to separate the bars little by little, and now they look like they could collapse at any moment. I'm ashamed of myself since I haven't been able to break out of such a crappy prison sooner. I will have my revenge. The fire inside me burns for revenge, to see my foes suffer.

With one final push, the bars crumble to pieces. I rip off a part of one of the bars as a weapon before stealthily slipping out of my cell and running towards the exit.

I sneak behind a security guard who is pacing down the hall and I slowly lift the metal bar behind his head. With all of the force in my body, I slam the bar into his head and he falls to the floor, unconscious. I snatch his belt, which holds multiple guns and I buckle it onto myself. Then, I make a mad dash for the door. I shoot several guards dead as I make my way out into the street. The fresh air fills my lungs as I laugh with joy. I am finally free.

I hijack a police car, and take it back to my house here in Texas. The ripped caution tape around my house eerily floats in the cool night breeze as I slam open the door and change out of my bright orange prisoner jumpsuit into something less noticeable. I jump back into my hijacked police car and I immediately start the long drive to my revenge.

After 16 hours, I've finally reached my destination. It's a foggy and rainy day in Los Angeles, California, perfect weather to not be spotted. I peer through all of the windows in the house, and there I spot her. My final victim. She lets her sleek black hair fall down her back as a shirtless man comes and wraps his arms around her. A long scar stretches down his back. I thought I killed this guy. Rocky Lynch, the guy that called the cops on me.

I point my gun at his head and I place my finger on the trigger. I take a deep breath a and almost shoot, when I notice he has moved his head down to suck face with Carly. I reposition the gun, but it's no use, he keeps moving. I'm better with a knife. He picks Carly up and they move to a different room and I follow them closely. Luckily, they stay on the first floor, so I can keep track of them.

Rocky lays Carly down on a bed in one of the guest rooms before kissing her forehead and moving into another room. Carly slowly drifts off to sleep, giving me my golden chance. I rest the gun on the window and place my finger on the trigger. With one good shot to the head, I won't have to worry about Carly anymore. I'm about to shoot, when the sound of thunder causes Carly to jerk awake.

She lets out shriek, and her precious Rocky comes running back to her. He crouches over her and gives her some kisses, until they having an intense make out session. I move my gun around to follow their heads, but it isn't working. They need to stay still. Another thunder clap sounds, causing them to jump off of each other. More time passes and they get themselves situated in their bed, and they slowly drift off to sleep.

I aim my gun one more time at Carly's head and I place my finger on the trigger. I squint slightly, seeing my target, but barely. I let out a breath before lightning cracks across the sky, illuminating everything. Carly's eyes shoot open, meeting mine before everything is pitch dark once more.

---------------------------------------------

Happy winter break! Here is your present, the highly anticipated DYLMODYN sequel! If you can't tell who's POV this is in, then you need to re read DYLMODYN. I was gonna wait till Christmas to publish it, but I didn't feel like waiting, so here you go! I'll update eventually. Thanks for reading and good afternoon *insert city you're reading this in here!*