Chapter 20

Carly’s POV

“Hey beautiful, so sorry to rush you, but your doctor’s appointment is in a half hour and we kinda have to leave right now.”

“Carly!  What do you want me to make for dinner?  I was thinking baby back ribs, baby carrots, other baby thing, and for dessert, I could make cookies in the shapes of rattles and other little baby things!  How does that sound?”

“Hey Carly, don’t you want more people yelling at you?  I don’t think you have enough so hi!”

I take a deep breath, trying not to lose my temper with all of the people crowded in my kitchen.  I just woke up, and I definitely did not ask for this.  All I want is some breakfast.  Is that too much to ask for a poor three month pregnant woman?  

“Rocky, shut up.  Izzie, no!  Just make a regular dinner!  And Ross, screw you.  Why are you even here?” I groan.  

“Well you have to be specific!  What kind of regular dinner do you want?”  Izzie questions.  I let out a groan of annoyance as Rocky guides me back up the stairs and into our room.  

“Baby, I know this is a little stressful with all of the plans for the big announcement and such, but we really need to get going so can you please get dressed?” Rocky asks nicely.  

“Fine!  But next time, don’t make the doctor’s appointment so damn early!” I exclaim as I walk over to my drawers and try to find something that hides my pregnancy.  

“I’m sorry, sweetness, I thought you’d be awake by twelve in the afternoon,” he sighs as I throw all of my rejected outfits onto the floor.  

“Yeah yeah, go get me some cereal,” I order him.  He nods and leaves the room as I continue scavenging for something to wear.  “Don’t forget the maple syrup!” I yell after him.  Rocky returns a few minutes later with my cereal, and I sit down on the bed to eat it.  

“Um, babe,” he giggles.  

“Yeah?” I groan with my mouth full.  

“I’ve noticed you’re still not dressed,” he sighs.  

“That’s because I have nothing to wear!” I exclaim.  

“What about this?  You’ll look great in this,” Rocky smiles as he picks up a lime green tank top from the floor.  

“Are you kidding me?  I’ll look pregnant in that!” I snap.  

“But beautiful, you are pregnant,” he smiles weakly.  

“Don’t remind me!” I growl.  

“I’m sorry,” he whimpers.  I continue eating my cereal while Rocky attempts to put me into the tank top and a pair of sweatpants.  By the time I’m done with my breakfast, Rocky has managed to get me dressed.  

“Crap, where are the keys?” he panics as he gets up and looks around.  I let out a sigh and walk back downstairs, to find Ross and Izzie in the kitchen, cuddling and kissing.  

“Hey!  I thought you came here to cook, not to make out!” I groan as I put my bowl in the sink.  

“Well you have to tell me what to cook!” she exclaims.  

“I don’t care!  Just something!” I exclaim.  

“What!?” she yells.   

“Figure it out!” I yell back.  

“I don’t see why you didn’t just order pizza.  A few of those could feed all of the Lynches,” she sighs.  

“Perfect!  Make pizza!” I yell.