Chapter 4

Izzie's POV

Warm blankets engulf me as I slowly awaken. I love those mornings when I wake up before my alarm so I can have a few extra minutes to cuddle with my sleepy snuggles. I move closer to his side, and I move so far that I fall off the bed. I stand up with shock as I realize he isn't there. I sleepily wander out of our bedroom to find him on the couch, in his boxers, watching football. He is so predictable.

"What are you doing up so early?" I yawn.

"So early? It's almost ten o'clock" he smirks.

"Ten o'clock!" I exclaim. "I have to be at school at ten o'clock! Why didn't my alarm go off?" Then I remember last night, Ross shut my phone off because of all of the calls.

"Don't worry babe, I said almost ten o'clock. It's really nine fifty" he laughs as he kisses me good morning.

"I have to leave right now!" I panic. I quickly get dressed as run a brush through my hair a few times before I grab my phone and rush out the door. I drive to school in my summer attire, although it is raining buckets. What? I didn't have time to thoughtfully choose an outfit. When I get to school, I make a mad dash to my class, showing up on time, but barely. I'm completely drenched and tired out, but who cares?

Class goes by very slowly, but texting Ross under the table makes it worth it. He gives me updates on Rydel's labor, since he has finally decided to visit Rydel in the hospital like a good brother. Once school finally ends, I get in my car and head to Riker and Trinity's apartment to pick them up and bring them to the hospital like Ross asked me to. I'm such a great girlfriend. When I get onto the traffic ridden freeway, only then do I realize I've had to pee all day. This is just great. I sit in gridlocked traffic for the next hour with my legs crossed tightly and headphones turned up loudly to block out the sounds of the rain.

Once I finally get to Riker and Trinity's apartment, I bolt up the stairs and pound on their door. I lean against the wall and cross my legs, trying really hard to hold it in. After a minute I text Trinity.

IZZIE

Where r u?

TRINITY

Riker, Calix, and I went to the cafe down the street for a late lunch. We'll be home in 30 :)

Seriously? Take a deep breath Izzie, you can hold it for another half hour. Five minutes pass and I'm desperate. I see a door open at the end of the hall and someone walk out of their apartment. They left the door open! Now Izzie, are you really so desperate as to sneak into a random person's home just to pee? Yes I am. I stealthily sneak down the hall, and just as I get to the door, I hear footsteps.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing, missy?" A grumpy old man yells.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was my friend's apartment" I stammer. The old man walks past me, giving me a glare as he walks into the apartment.

"Can I please use your bathroom?" I beg desperately, knowing if I don't get to a bathroom soon I might die. Or at least pee myself.

"No" he grunts, slamming the door in my face. I pace to the other end of the hallway, trying to think of a way to relive myself that doesn't involve peeing myself. I curl up into a ball I front of Riker and Trinity's door, hoping they'll get here faster than planned.

"Izzie?"

"Oh come on!" I whine when I see the person who said that.

"Nice to see you too" Jackson sighs.

"What are you doing here?" I sneer.

"I live here" he announces like it's obvious, opening the apartment door next to Riker and Trinity's. Seriously?