Chapter 19

Carly’s POV

“Hello Mrs. Lynch, lemme guess, you want a small cone with mint ice cream?” the guy at the counter asks.  

“Wow, it’s like you read my mind!” I smile.  He gives me a nod as I get out five dollars and hand it to him.  He then scoops a perfect ball of ice cream and places it gently on top of a cone.  

“Here you go!  Have a nice day,” he smiles as he hands me my ice cream.  

“Thank you,” I smile as I take it and head out the door.  I quickly hop back into the car with Rocky and buckle myself in.  I give Rocky the ice cream to hold while I get situated, and Rocky begins to eat it.  

“Hey!  That’s not for you!” I snap as I grab it from him.  

“But babe, you’ve already had, like, ten this week,” Rocky whines.  

“No, I have not.  I’ve had seven,” I correct him.  

“You’ve had so many that coming here after going to the studio has become an afternoon ritual for us,” he sighs.  

“If you want some, then get your own!” I exclaim.  

“I did yesterday, but you ate that too!” he laughs as he starts the car.  

“But you gave it to me because you love me,” I smile.

“Yes, and I think I deserve some kisses for that,” he smirks.  

“Just drive, you idiot,” I giggle.  Rocky obeys with a groan, placing one hand on the wheel and wrapping his other hand around mine.  I absentmindedly eat my ice cream while staring off into the distance.  The flavor of cool mint soothes my mind as I shut my eyes and slip into a world of absolute peace.  After a while, I feel the car stop and a pair of strong arms lift me out of the car.  He carries me up to our room and lays me down on the bed gently before taking the melty remains of my ice cream out of my hands.  

“You can finish it,” I whisper softly.

“Thanks babe,” I hear his soothing voice say.  For the next minute or so, I listen to Rocky munching on the cone before I feel him jump on the bed next to me.  His warm arms wrap around me and pull me close to him so that his nose is buried in my hair.  

“I love you,” he whispers in my ear.  I feel a smile spread across my lips as he starts kissing my ear lightly.  His lips slowly move down my neck and onto my cheek.  He rolls us over so that I’m on top of him before he connects our lips.  The kiss quickly deepens and our lips begin to move in sync.  He runs his fingers through my hair and I feel as though I am in heaven...until I picture him with Izzie.  

Could they have felt this good when they were kissing?  Does Rocky have this effect on all girls?  Or is it just me?  I have to know.  I know Rocky isn’t going to tell me, but Izzie will.  I know she’ll tell me the truth if it’s for my own good.  I quickly pull my lips off Rocky’s and get off of him before grabbing my phone and getting off of the bed.  

“Baby?  Is something wrong?” he asks with concern.  

“It’s...it’s fine,” I stammer.  “I’m just gonna call Izzie to work things out.  I feel weird about this whole thing and I don’t want to lose my best friend.”  I rush out of the room and slam the door behind me before slowly walking to the backyard.  I slowly open up my phone and press Izzie’s contact.  Here goes nothing.  I take a deep breath before pressing ‘call’ and lifting the phone to my ear.  She answers almost immediately.  

“Carly!  Hi!” she says excitedly.  

“Hey-” I sigh before Izzie cuts me off.  

“I’m really sorry-” she manages to say before I cut her off.