Chapter 18

Carly’s POV

I squeeze my eyes shut tightly as the effects of the alcohol wear off.  Now all I’m left with is nausea and headaches, which are being mildly soothes by strong fingers gently rubbing on my temples.   I don’t want to be sober.  I don’t want to face the hardships of life right now.  I know the quality of my life is declining, due to the lack of trust and honesty, but I don’t need that.   All I need is more alcohol.  I feebly push myself up and get off of the bed, only to be pulled back down.  

“Baby, you need to rest,” Rocky’s voice whispers.  

“No I don’t, I just need to get away from you,” I growl as I jump out of the bed.  

“I’m sorry!” he shouts.  

“It’s too late for sorry!  I gave you a week to come clean, you didn’t, now our relationship is ruined along with my life.  So thanks.  Now leave me alone,” I mutter before I march down the stairs.  

“Carly!” he calls after me as he chases behind me.  I say nothing.  “Baby, please!  Let’s talk about this!”  

“What could you possibly have to say to defend yourself?” I question.  

“I’m sorry.  It was a one time thing, I won’t let it happen again,” he sighs.  

“Fuck you, Rocky,” I growl as I continue towards the garage.  

“Please just let me explain what happened!” he begs.  I look back at him to see tears forming in his eyes.  

“No.  I don’t care anymore.  Just leave me alone,” I whimper as I bolt into the garage.   I grab a beer bottle off of the shelf and pop the top off.  Before I can take a sip, Rocky grabs it and throws it.  The bottle hits the wall and breaks into a million pieces, all of which hit the floor before being soaked by a wave of beer.  As I reach for another one, Rocky grabs the entire pack and throws it to the floor.  Now I only have one left!  I look up at the beer, which sits on a shelf about a foot above my head.  Rocky’s eyes land on the pack, and I can see what is inevitably about to happen.  He reaches the beer with ease and chucks it at the wall, causing beer to splatter everywhere.  

“No!” I wail as I fall to the floor, attempting to slurp up the puddle of beer right next to Rocky’s feet.  His strong arms wrap around me, pulling me off the floor as I burst into tears.  I cry hysterically as Rocky tries to carry me back up to our room.  I struggle and squirm in his arms as he attempts to keep me from falling.   

“You monster!  Let me go!  My beer cravings are your fault, the least you can do is let me drink it!” Rocky ignores my screams of protest as he gently sets me down on the bed.  When I try to get up and run, he pins me to the bed.  

“If you don’t get off me right now, I’m calling the police!” I threaten.  

“Shhhh,” he whispers as he kisses my cheek gently.  I spend the next few minutes crying uncontrollably while Rocky stays where he is, holding me and kissing me gently.  As much as I’m mad at him and I want him to get off me, the way my skin burns every time he touches me makes me powerless against him.   If only I didn’t know he cheated on me, then I’d let myself love this.  

“Rocky, why?” I whimper.  

“Because I’m an idiotic hormonal teenager that made a mistake.  A mistake that could permanently destroy my happiness.  Please don’t let it,” he pleads as he stares deep into my soul.  

“This is exactly what I was afraid of,” I cry.  

“What?” Rocky questions.  

“When I wouldn’t let myself fall in love with you, I was trying to protect myself from this kind of heartbreak.  I thought you wouldn’t do this to me, Rocky,” I sniffle.