Collateral Damage - Truth

ANNE'S POV

Fumbling with my bags and new textbooks, I find my way over to where Ariel wanted to meet me. I wasn’t surprised as both Trent and her were busy lip locking. He pushed her roughly up against a locker, still making out with her and started tugging gently on her hair. Groping his neck with her hands, she moaned quietly in his mouth, and I just had to stop it before it got a little out of hand.  Clearing my throat, I caused them to jump away from each other. They both glared at me, sucks that I had to ruin the momentwhoops.

“Didn’t see you there,” Trent said, breathlessly, attempting to fix his clothes and ruffled hair.

“Sure you didn’t”. I mumbled.

“What was that?”

“Oh nothing,” I replied plastering a fake smile onto my face.

He responded, shrugging his shoulders. So much for thinking he might have liked me.

A few of the other students were clearing out of the hallways and were either getting on the bus or proceeding onto walking home. The hallways were practically clear, so that much was good. Clutching my textbooks to my chest, I urged Ariel and Trent to show me the way to her car.

“Lead the way madam” I said in a slight British accent.

Ariel chuckled, “As you wish your highness.” She said failing miserably, as she tried to mimic my voice. But aye! She gets a few points for trying.

Nearing the parking lot, I noticed a sexy black car, which I’m sure I was drooling over.

She ushered me towards the sleek black Porsche with smooth leather seats. My jaw was practically unhinged as I stared at her car in awe. I had to blink a couple of times to make sure that everything in front of me was real. Wow, this car must have cost a fortune!

“Mind if I help you with that,” Trent whispered, clamping my jaw back in place. His husky voice filled my ears, and I tried my best to ignore the tingles that crawled up my face at the very place his soft hands had just touched. What the hell was that?

“Back on planet Earth?” he asked amusedly.

I could feel a blush starting to rise throughout my cheeks “Shut up”. I mumbled.

Slinging my bag over my shoulders I requested for Ariel to open the car door—which she did. Hopping in the back seats, I sighed as I massaged the expensive material underneath my fingertips. The leather material was smooth to the touch. I could get used to this.

Pulling out my earphones from my bag, and plugging them into my ears all my problems and worries faded away, as the music took me elsewhere. Time seemed to fly by, but we soon pulled up to my house.

“Thanks for the ride, Ariel” I said smiling brightly. Maybe she wouldn’t be as bad of a friend after all.

“No problem.” She replied beaming back at me. “Oh, and don’t forget tomorrow—party at my house!”

“Haha, alright—see ya.”

Hopping out of the car, and shutting her car door. I couldn’t help but smile. I found friends on my very first day of school, and for the first time ever, I didn’t feel so ugly and insecure when it came to guys.

Walking up my porch, I slowly knocked on the door. Someone should be home by now. After a few moments, I decided to grab my keys from my bag, but my mom stopped me, as she swung the door open for me, and embraced me.