Collateral Damage - The Jerk

ANNE'S POV

The week passed by pretty quickly, and before I knew it Friday came by. Of course, me, being the generous friend I am, I decided to go to Trent’s football game that day. I had heard that they were playing against a rival school—so it had to be good, right? Ariel, Hailey and Bethany decided to skip cheerleading just this once, and had some other girls fill in for them; just so they could keep me company. That was honestly,  really sweet of them.

“You want to get something before the game starts?” I asked Taylor, who was sitting to the right of me on the metal bleachers.

“Yeah, sure—come on.”

Walking carefully down the bleachers, trying to avoid tripping, I land safely on the soft, grassy ground. Thanks clumsiness, for not being such a bitch. With that, Taylor and I walk quickly towards the concession stand.

“And what may I get you two lovely ladies today?” the worker calls out.

Glancing at Taylor, I look up at the menu. “Um, I’ll take a hotdog with extra chilly, a large bag of gummy worms, and a medium Sprite, thank you.”

“Okay, and you?” he ask Taylor.

“I’ll take the same, with a bag of hot Cheetos.”

“Okay, your total is 15.75.” he says adding up the price of our items, and handing them to us over the counter.

I give Taylor a what-the-hell look, before paying--snatching some change out of my purse. That was way too expensive! Oh well, I am hungry.

Returning to our seats on the bleachers, we meet some hungry gazes.

“Oh no you don’t—you’re not getting anything today.” I say, grinning triumphantly, as the boys try to reach for my hot dog.  A pouting John and Cole are the result of my outburst, but they are never fully satisfied. If I give them some of my food, I’m sure they’ll by asking for more—it’s a lost cause.

Taking a huge bite out of my hotdog, I turn around to notice John and Cole are looking at me with craving eyes. I can’t resist their looks and end up splitting my hotdog with them. I was always one to give in...

“That was really good, Anne—thanks.” John said smiling genuinely and rubbing his stomach.

“No problem—want anything else?” Sarcasm, if you didn’t notice.

“Well, I could use some gummy bears…” he trailed off, smirking devilishly at me.  Narrowing my eyes to slits, I reply.

“Why did I have to give in to you in the first place--your such a fatass.”

“Because you love me.” He replied grinning boyishly. Ugh! Ladies and gentleman that is exactly why you never share food with him!

Quickly turning back to my seat, I notice they have already started the game, and immediately pick out Trent and Liam. Getting comfortable, my eyes zero in on Trent--for reasons unknown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TRENT’S POV

We were down by 3, the Riverside Falcons with the lead. I was pretty disappointed in myself, but there is no game that the Bulldogs can’t win. I continued to ignore our football coaches’ instructions, by nodding at all the right times, and speaking up whenever he asked us questions—so far so good. But truth be told, there was only one thing on my mind. Anne.