Collateral Damage - The Plays

ANNE’S POV

I cannot believe I just did that. What were you thinking Anne! Resting a hand on the very place Trent had just kissed, I close my eyes, trying to savor the moment even more. To be honest, I felt like I was on fire. His lips were so soft and delicate igniting a flame each time he—we will not talk about this, Anne! Shaking my head, I get out of Trent’s grasp, and turn my back.

 As I turn around and straighten up, I’m met with a pair of glimmering green eyes, which only belong to one person. Liam. He stands up casually, flicking his eyes between me and Trent. With his arms fitted in his pockets, an impish smirk dances across his face. Taking a large step in my direction, he stops at the kitchen counter, placing an elbow firmly down, and crossing his legs, before responding.

“Well, well.” He speaks up smirking. “I come downstairs and what do I see?” he mumbles thoughtfully. His brows crease together and his eyes gaze around, as if he is trying to remember something, before he places a finger to his chin. “I don’t think Ariel would be too happy about this, Trent.”

It’s Trent’s turn to speak up and his eyes are blazing with fire, as he steps protectively in front of me. “Don’t.” Their eyes seemed to be conflicting, which only leaves we bewildered. What the actual fuck is going on? Their eyes continue to battle, before I utter a few words out. I don’t know where I find the courage to speak up, but I do.

“Um Liam, me and Trent are just going to make the popcorn and be right up,” I respond giving him a small smile.  His gaze lies strictly on me, as he takes a step toward Trent.

“I’ll be waiting—for the popcorn that is.”

With that Liam, takes one last look at the two of us before, trudging upstairs.

Immediately following that, Trent turns to me smirking devilishly, “Now for the popcorn?” he mocks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 minutes and ten bags of popcorn later, we were finally done.

“Trent, I will never allow you to make popcorn ever again—you suck!”

“It’s not my fault, that every time I try to check on it, your astounding beauty—I mean booty, gets in the way.”

My breath hitches in my throat, as I hear those words.

What did you say?” I emphasize, nearing him, as he sits comfortably on the kitchen counter.

‘I’m always distracted by your astounding booty, butt, ass…I mean whichever one you prefer…”

“You’re such a perv, you know that!” I scoff angrily, turning around.

“Yes, in fact a sexy one, if I do say so myself.” As if I know he is staring at me, I hear him speak up again. “Yeah you definitely have a nice ass,” I hear him mutter.

Wow. Un-freaking-believable.

“Hand over the bowl, please.” I imply impatiently, as I take the last bag of popcorn out of the microwave.

“Well, you did say please…” he inquires, handing it over.

“Thanks,” I mumble, as I empty the contents of the bag inside the bowl; which almost falls over because it is almost full.

“What was that? I didn’t quite catch that” Trent says, jumping off of the counter, and slowly walking towards me.

“I said ‘thanks’,” I mutter quickly.