Collateral Damage - Party Time

ANNE'S POV

The doorbell rang as we were finishing setting up the snacks and drinks.

“Shit, shit, shit,” Trent muttered, as he dusted his hands off on his pants, and sexily ran his hands through his hair. “I’ll get it.” He quickly opened the door, meeting more faces than I expected.

A large group of high school kids lazily walked in—some tripping over their own two feet. Wow, that was pretty amusing. I didn’t ignore the sultry looks coming from some of the girls, who were sickly eyeballing him. "Tramps." I said while coughing, trying to play it off. An amused expression lit up Trent's face--his beautiful face. Sigh.

“Let’s get this party started!”  one of them yelled. A chorus of screams and shouts broke out as they ran into the house wildly.

Oh, I almost forgot! My hair, clothes, make-up—Ariel was supposed to do it all! Quickly running up the stairs two at a time, I met Ariel—or who I thought was Ariel. I stared at the new face, which now had blush, eye shadow and eyeliner applied to perfection.

“Oh my go-, Ariel, you look stunning—like really stunning!” I glared at her, still in awe.

“Please, I always look good, don’t I?” she stated smirking. “Come on, we need to work on you,” she smiled, glancing down at what I was currently wearing.

As I walked into her room, I was greeted by Taylor, Hailey and Bethany. They all looked gorgeous nonetheless!

Bethany’s black hair was pulled into an elegant high bun and she wore blood red lipstick which contrasted with her pale skin. Her natural-styled eye shadow and winged eyeliner made her brown eyes pop out, while her blush gave her face a more angular look. She was wearing a beautiful black cocktail dress and nude pumps, which showed off her long legs and accentuated her curves.

Hailey, in contrast to Beth, was wearing a cream one strapped dress with black pumps, which proudly displayed her tan legs. Her makeup was light, as she had minimal eye shadow and blush—with slight lip gloss. I could tell she was going for a softer look—and it was really working in her favor. Her dirty blonde hair was curled to perfection, and her green eyes sparkled.

Taylor stood out like a sore thumb—in a good way of course. She had on a tight bright red dress, which wrapped around her stomach tightly, and gave you a glimpse of her flat tummy. Her brunette locks were now bone-straight, and her smoky eye shadow highlighted her gray eyes. The blush was light on her naturally defined cheekbones, but they still stood out. A smile tugged at her lips, as she noticed me checking our friends out.

“Done checking us out missy?” Taylor asked, smirking. Oh god! I could feel my face starting to heat up.

“Um, well—I –I wasn’t really doing that?” I retorted, but it came out more like a question. Facepalm.

“Will you chill out!” she replied, walking over to me and playfully slapping my arm. “Loosen up will you?”

I gave her a small smile. Let’s just say this was one of the first parties I had actually been to. Nerves were good right?

“Okay, girls, because the party is already starting, I need you guys to help me with her hair and makeup.” Ariel said, speaking up over the music, glancing at each one of us. 

They replied nodding their heads.

“Let’s get to work shall we?” Ariel announced smiling evilly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ow, that hurts!” I said groaning, while tugging at the hair Hailey had just curled.