Collateral Damage - Arrival of the Hottie

TRENT’S POV

Anne.

“Is this one of your sick games, Ariel?” I get up from the chair that I had been playing my game in. “This isn’t funny.”

“What are you talking about?” she asks innocently, sending me a flirty grin. “I only kissed you, and you kissed me back.”

I use the back of my hand to wipe my mouth.

“No, I didn’t kiss you back,” I emphasize. I flick my wrist between the two of us, “Me and you we’re done, so stop—stop this.” I turn my back to her to exit her basement, the tension in the air extremely thick.

“Is it because of Anne?” she questions, her voice rising slightly. “It’s because of Anne that you’re not the same Trent?”

I don’t dare to answer her question as I trudge up the stairway leading to the first floor of her home.

I wouldn’t.

ANNE’S POV

Thanksgiving break was coming along sooner than I expected. Classes were now seemingly easier as we got less and less homework, and everyone was talking about the Annual Thanksgiving Bash that Ariel would be hosting.

I don’t entirely know why people are so excited for this party, but I would have to see for myself.

That is, if she planned on inviting me.

Two more days, and I would be out of this school, and sleeping peacefully in that glorious bed of mine.

Just two more days.

Pushing my bag farther up my shoulder, I get up from my desk and walk towards the exit door.  I was in my least favorite class of the day, Algebra II.

Yay.

I cringe at the thought of having an Algebra test this Friday. I was definitely going to fail it. No questions asked.

As I head out of the door, and walk through the hallways, I accidentally bump into someone and mumble an apology. Well, that is until I take a long look at the person staring in front of me, who someone how forces a smile onto her features.

“Hey, Anne!” Ariel welcomes excitedly.

“Hi Ariel.” I force a grin onto my face, and attempt to add the same amount of enthusiasm to my reply. Except I fail miserably.

Real smooth, Anne.

The next few words that tumble out of her mouth come out as more of a request, “I’ll see you at my party on Friday night?” she asks casually.