Collateral Damage - All In My Head

Goal for this chapter is: 35 votes and 20 comments. I believe in you guys! ~ 

Happy reading!

ANNE'S POV

Ugh! He just never fails to ruin my day does he? I might as well go to sleep before he comes in…

Walking into the room slowly I take a good look at my surroundings. The guest room was painted a nice shade of golden brown, with matching bed sheets and a lamp which was lit. To top it off this thing was huge; nonetheless, it was really well put together.

Slipping my shoes off, I remove the comforter before jumping into the soft, airy bed and laying down, pulling the covers back up. Putting out the lights, I let out a stifled yawn before I lose all consciousness, and my mind trails off.

“You’re just a little whore, Anne!” Ariel shouts.

“Yeah you’re pretty pathetic to thing that I actually liked you!” Trent roars.

“She’s fucking worthless!” she spits out again.

“Yeah, let’s leave this piece of shit alone—it was just a game—she was just a game.” Trent says, before he encloses into the darkness.

Their words echo throughout my head. ‘I am a piece of shit and I am fucking worthless’.

Ariel’s cackle rings through my ear, as I plunge deeper and deeper into an endless hole; their words eating away at my skin, their howls run through my veins, and my mind consuming it all. I thrash around wildly trying to get away from this hell hound, but I can’t –I can’t escape. Something continuously shakes my body, but it’s what I deserve, I know it is.

“Anne” someone faintly calls out. “Anne, get up, it’s not real.” No, but it is.

“Anne,” someone pleads. “It’s all a dream.”

In taking a sharp breath, my crazed eyes fly open and I can feel my heartbeat come back to normal. Oh, I hope it was only a dream. I shut my eyes for a few moments, regaining my breath, before opening them up again.

 Someone’s eyes pierce into mine, which hold a mixture of emotions, but each one is its own code—rendering it impossible to figure it out. Taking a deep breath, my eyes fixate onto the being in front of me. Was that sadness in its eyes? No it couldn’t be.

“It was just a dream, angel,” it says, before kissing my forehead with such passion and pulling me much closer to its rock hard body. Comfort radiates off of it and I trust the voice, which holds so much care, that I fall into slumber once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As my eyes flutter open, my eyes sleepily gaze around. Wait what?! This wasn’t my bed! I attempt to get up, but someone’s arm is securely clasped around my waist, making it hopeless to do so. I try in futile pursuit to get this creature’s arm off of me to notice it’s only Trent. His chest huffs up and down rhythmically—in fact--angelically and I groan in frustration. Does he always have to look this good?

“You know what forget it,” I mutter, as I snuggle deeper into his arms and close my eyes.

Maybe 5 minutes later, something vibrates on the nightstand, causing me to wake up once again. Ugh, my phone. Unwillingly, I get up from my bed, waking up the person behind me and walk towards the night stand to retrieve my phone. Scanning the caller ID, I observe that my mom is calling.

Swiping my phone to the left, I unlock it, and immediately pick up the phone.

"Hey sweetheart."