Chapter 17

"Emma"

Ethan called out. His eyes wide in fear for her. He grabbed at her limp head that was hanging off his arm and brought it up to his face in an effort to wake her up.

The breath escaped Emma's lungs in whoosh.

Ethan sighed in relieve. He thought that he was having heart attack for a minute there. His breath had gotten logged in his trachea. She manage to scare the living day lights out of him.

Emma's breathing stabilize after a second indicating that she was fast asleep.

Ethan hugged her close to his thumping heart. He buried his face in her hair and kissed the top of her head.

Thank god, she wasn't hurt or otherwise he was going to burn everyone alive.

The ride to Ethan's penthouse was dreadfully quite as no one dared to speak a single word. His men knew that their boss was in a dangerous mood so they kept their mouth shut. They had no intention of dying yet.

Ethan closed his eyes and focused on Emma's rhythmic breathing to keep him calm. He was boiling in rage but more then anything he was scared for her.

His mind kept re-playing the scene when she was in that death trap of a car. He hugged her even close to his body. If he had a way he would mould her body into his forever.

The car came to halt and only then Ethan opened his eyes. He threw open the door with much force, ripping the poor door almost off its hinges. He stepped out of the car with Emma in his arms.

He lifted her further up the arms to prevent her head from hanging off to the side. Her arms fell limply against his body and her head rested on his shoulder.

"Fuck"

Ethan hissed through gritted teeth. That wicked mouth of hers came to rest on the side of neck, burning his skin as if he was on fire.

Gosh this woman was truly trying to give him heart attack.

Ethan carried Emma out of his car and into his penthouse. She was still unconscious. His intense gaze never left her face even for a second as he carried her through the house to his bedroom.

It was the first time he brought her in his house. He had no idea what he was feeling at this time. Rage, hatred would be too less of words to describe his inner monsters. This was not how he planned to bring his wife home, unconscious and lifeless.

He carried Emma to his bedroom and placed her gently on the soft bed. Ethan laid her down and stepped away from her. His eyes never leaving her face even for a second as he gazed at her with much affection.

She looked nothing but a angel sprawled on his bed like that and angel she was compare to him. He knew he didn't deserve her but did he give a fuck? No. The equation was simple for him, If he couldn't have her because he was too evil then he would gladly turn her evil too.

Emma's brunette hair piled on the pillow and the slight glow from the night light further illuminated her features as she remained curled on his bed.

Ethan rolled the sleeves of his white shirt back. He sat beside her on the bed. His arms resting on either sides of her body, trapping in her the cage of his arms. His intense gazed fixated on her sleeping face.

She could have died tonight?

The thought shook his heart like a mega earthquake and he leaned down to place a chaste kiss to her temple. He leaned his head against hers and sighed in defeat. Only she could bring him down to his knees with mere presence of hers.

Only she could destroy him like no one else and only she had the power to make him yet she had no knowledge of the power she held above him.

To others it seemed that he was the dominant one. But in reality that only revealed itself in the confine of his bedroom and on scary night like this, it was clear that she was the real master. He had been reduced to her slave long before he even understood the meaning of unconditional love.

Ethan slowly pulled back and admired her face some more. He could never get enough of her.

He tenderly pushed the hair out of her face. His finger trailing over her eyelids to cheeks to her sharp jaw as if his body was trying to convince his mind that she was truly here in his arms.

Ethan swallowed thickly at the bile rising in his throat. He was scared to find out if she was injured? and if she was he had no idea what he was going to do.

He pulled back slowly and turned her head to the side, inspecting her neck.

No injury

He sighed in relieve and kissed her throat.

Wrapping his hand around her neck, Ethan brought her face close to his mouth. He placed one of his hand behind her head and held her there for few minutes just breathing her in. She was his life line. He was drawn to her like a month to fire.

His eyes drinking her features like there is no tomorrow. After few minutes, he finally snapped out of his trace and unzipped her dress from the back. He carefully placed her back on the pillow.

Ethan ripped the dressed off her right shoulder inspecting for any injury and kissed it afterward when he found none. He tore the dress from her left shoulder and sighed to find no injuries there as well. He kissed her across the top of her breast as he pushed her dress further down her arms.

He hissed at the site of her almost naked body. She was breath-taking. He saw her naked years ago only for few brief seconds and yet he remembered everything as if it was yesterday.

It happened before he left for Italy. He had sneaked into her bedroom to get a goodbye kiss and decided to hide behind the sofa to ambush her.

Emma had no idea that someone was in her room and left the bathroom only with a towel wrapped around her body. She had been so happy that her life was finally Ethan free, she danced and sang to her heart's content before dropping the towel, leaving her naked body bare to his eyes.

It was the best good-bye gift Ethan could ever imagine even though he did suffer a major nosebleed afterwards.  Till this day, she had no knowledge of the incident but to Ethan it is one one the most beautiful memories because in a way she had given herself to him. He was the first person to see her naked and that day he had promised himself to be last one as well.

He chuckled at her innocence. Even then she changed her dress and left the room without any suspicion.

Ethan peeled the dress off her body completely. He kissed her stomach, legs, arms as he inspected her body for any injuries. Satisfied with his physical exam, he left her side briefly to bring a wet towel, and his favorite shirt back from the closet.

He sat beside her on the bed and gently wiped the blood off her hands, arms and legs. He cleaned her bare feet one by one and placed them back on the bed. Cleaning her body, Ethan wrapped a hand around her neck and gently brought Emma into a sitting position.

He slipped his white shirt over her head to cover her body for the night and laid her down on the soft bed again. He pulled the soft silk sheets and tucked her in. Kissing her temple for the last time, Ethan finally pulled away from her.

He went to take a shower. After his shower, he returned with a towel wrapped around his waist. He looked over Emma and she was still out like a light.

Jay was on duty and already knew what to do so Ethan didn't have to worry about anything.  His main priority was keeping Emma safe and away from everything for the time being. He knew Jay would inform him as soon as he find the lead on the attackers so he decided to call the night.

Ethan dried his hair and pulled the towel around his waist and threw it in the hamper. He usually slept naked and he was not going to sleep with clothes on today either.

He slipped behind Emma on the bed and dragged her into his arms. Her back pressed against naked muscular chest and he wrapped his arms around her waist. He sighed and buried his face in her neck to get some sleep.

Author's note:

Not edited: please Read, vote and comment. Thank you very much.