Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Have a ni…” Mr. Robert, Emma’s security guard chirped

“Shh...” Emma hissed clamping his mouth close before he could speak any further.

“He could hear you” Emma whispered yelled. Peeping out the tainted windows of the limo, she briefly examined the parking lot of her high school. Seems like the coast is clear. She blew a hot breath through her mouth and released Mr. Robert of her hold making him shake his head in amusement.

“You know the routine?” she asked cautiously.

“Yes Ma’am. Use the back route. Don’t get spotted and don’t leave until you are in the sanctuary of your classroom” Mr. Roberts repeated like his everyday dropping off ritual.

“Okay. I guess this is goodbye then. I’ll miss you” Emma spoke sincerely.

“Bye, honey and have a good day at school” Mr. Roberts patted her shoulder encouraging her to step out of the car.

“Do come to get me from the hospital, okay?” Emma pleaded, slowly opening the car door facing away from the kids. She crawled out of the car on her hands and knees.

Ducking beside the car, she occasionally peeked her head out to spot the danger. Or dangerous someone. Her eyes repeatedly scanning the crowd of kids hogging the school entrance for that familiar face. Not spotting his presence, Emma dashed across the parking lot and plastered herself to the nearest wall that could lead her inside the building. She did a quick double check to see if the car was still in a visible distance for her to run and get in case of emergency. Flattening her body against, she peeked her head slightly out to scan the perimeter.

“Shit…” she cursed immediately leaning back just as she spotted Ethan’s familiar black leather jacket. Like always the devil was waiting for her at the hell’s door, she was doomed. Emma thought sending a silent prayer to the heavens.

Okay so time to eliminate options. Front door is definitely a no no. She can’t use the back door because someone mostly like will snitch on her to Ethan. Left side door. She used that last time plus it only takes Ethan thirty second to get there. So the gym entrance it is. It will take Ethan at least 2 minute and 40 seconds to get there. Enough time for her to dash across the first and second floor and hide under teacher’s table until class starts. Emma revised a quick mental plan and glanced at her wrist to watch the timing. She peeked her head out again to see Ethan now standing with his groupies, scanning the area carefully for her as other kids started pouring inside the building.

Leaning back against the wall, Emma blew another hot breath while patting her heart to stop beating so hard.

“On the count of three….” She whispered to herself.

One

Two

Three

She shot like bullet across the parking lot to the gym. She banged opened the door.

“ Fuk-Ow…..” A boy cried as the door slammed right into his nose when Emma opened it from the other side.

“Oh… sorry sorry” Emma shrieked shoving some of the lose leaf paper in her binder towards him as he laid sprawled on the ground with his bleeding nose.

“Fuck you….” The boy yelled at her as she tried to help him. Fifty seconds left before Ethan shows up or someone spots her. The entire school population was in cahoots with Ethan. The equation was simple, if you knew and you didn’t inform Ethan of Emma’s hideouts, daily activities, social plans or any other information well you were doomed for the rest of your high school years. And the best thing was, Ethan made his personal agenda to ruin your life, so it was another motivation for kids to sell Emma out every chance they got.