Chapter 20

Chirp

Chirp

The bird outside the window chipped their throat away. Sunlight leaked through the thick black curtain and fell on the bed where Emma was sprawled out.

These stupid fuckers sure do get up early in the morning.

She groaned in irritation.

Her hands flew to cover her poor ears from the noise ringing in her ears like a drum.

Clank

The sound of metal clashing echoed the room and her hand was pulled back with a un-usual force.

What the hell?

She growled and dropped her hand back on the pillow. She was too tired to investigate her whereabouts. She rolled on her side and buried her face under the pillow for much needed rest.

Clank

The metal protested against her attempt and she was forced to lay flat on the bed. The sun shone right in her face.

Son of bitch

Emma screamed in her head. She slowly pried her heavy eyelids open and adjusted to the light in the room. Her head twisted back in an awkward angle to look at the source binding her.

Cuffs

She growled.

Emma jerked her hand to break free but the evil claw around her wrist refuse to budge. She twisted on the bed to lay on her stomach.

She examined the cuffs carefully. The soft padding around the wrist area prevented the metal from digging into her flash.

One could tell from just looking at them that the purpose of these cuffs was just to hold her in place and not cause any physical harm.

She tilted her head in confusion. She had seen similar cuffs before somewhere but she couldn't recall at the time.

Emma jerked her hand with more force this time and the metal rattled loudly but otherwise she remained glued to her spot. She banged her head against the pillow in frustration.

What the fuck?

Who actually dared to hand-cuff me to the bed?

Emma thought and a second later her mouth twisted in disgust as if she just swallowed acid. There was only man on this planet who dare do this to her.

"Fucker"

Emma snarled. She tugged at the cuffs in anger, hoping to break free. She will show that fucker to never mess with her again.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to an hour, however the cuffs held Emma in place.

She was exhausted from wrestling with the cuffs. She had wasted too much energy. She plopped face down into the pillow. Whatever, she had no choice but to wait for the fucker to set her free.

Her eyes closed and all of a sudden Emma remembered where she had seen those cuffs before.

It was in the sophomore year of her high school.

With her head held up high and book in her hand, fourteen year old Emma leisurely walked down the science hallway in her m high school.

She was in no rush today. She didn't have to hide because the devil of her life was sick and laying on his death bed.

Oh how she wished that he never returned but she knew it was wishful thinking on her part. The fucker was way too strong and healthy.