Chapter 21

Emma heard the sound of heavy foot steps advancing towards the room. She knew the beast will walk through those door anytime now.

The closer the sound became the harder her heart pounded against her ribcage. She looked here and there in frenzy to find a suitable place and hide.

If he saw her then she was dead.

Emma was very smart to know when to attack and when to pull back. And right now, it was clearly the time to pull back since she was in the enemy's territory.

Considering her body strength, She had no chance in winning a physical battle against that beast. So, she was left with the old trick of playing dead until an opportunity to escape present itself.

Emma quickly turned on the bed and plopped her head on the pillow. She placed her cuffed hand in the same position as before and lightly attached the broken chain to make it look like she was still tied to the bed.

Click

The door opened with a firm sound and she quickly shut her eyes. Emma had done this type of acting many times before so she was able to stabilize her breathing instantly.

The footsteps moved towards the bed and the metallic taste of blood overwhelmed her senses. She clutched the sheet tightly with one of her hand in order to prevent herself from gagging.

If she was exposed now then it would be the same as serving herself to that devil on a sliver platter.

Ethan entered the room quietly. His body drenched in blood from head to shoes. The drops of blood leaving a bright trail behind as he walked towards his sleeping beloved.

The metallic smell of blood made Emma queazy but she held it in. She could not afford let herself discover now.

Emma clutched the sheet tightly to prevent herself from emptying her gut then and there as that potent smell surrounded her.

What kind of disgusting perfume was this idiot wearing anyways?

Did he bathe in a blood bath?

Oh gosh I was right, he was a vampire after all.

Emma thought in her head. Her still body didn't even dare to twitch in his presence. She was good as dead if she showed even a slight sign of being awake.

The bed dipped and Ethan sat down. His eyes trained on her peaceful face since the moment he entered the room.

Every time he looked at her, the evil pixie managed to bewitched him to the point that he felt nothing without her.

Just one gaze of hers had the power to reduce him to nothing. It striped him down to his bones. His mind and body filled with her and only her to the extent that there was no space left even for himself now.

Ethan gazed at her innocent face. He could not believe that someone wanted to kill her. How could they even think let alone take actions?

Everyone time he thought about it his blood turned cold as ice and he wanted nothing more but to hunt everyone of those fucker down and literally peel the skin off their bones like he did to the attacker from the night before.

Ethan breathed heavily. He slowly bend over and pushed his blood covered head into her stomach and Emma sucked a gulp of air.

His white shirt that she wore immmedtaily turned crimson and she almost puked her heart out.

Oh fuck

The wetness soaked through the shirt to her skin and she gripped the sheets tight enough to rip them to shreds but otherwise she remained still.