Chapter Two: You smell like a dirty sock.

October 7th

"What is that on your neck?"

I swing my head in Liam's direction, "What?"

He pokes at my neck making it sting, "that, oh my god is that a hickey?"

My eyes widen, "No!"

"Yes it is! You got a hickey, who gave you that hickey? You got a secret boyfriend we don't know about?"

Yes.

"No, it's not a hickey Liam...it's ah...a curling iron burn."

He snorts and takes a right towards my street, "sure it is. Let's totally ignore the fact that I know how to curl hair better than you do."

"Hence the burn," I reply as I search through my bag for my keys.

He parks in front of my house and turns to me, "you're not keeping anything from me are you?"

I look over at him with an emotionless face, "never Liam. You know we tell each other everything."

Guilty, guilty, guilty.

He nods and flips on his stereo at an obnoxious level, "get out of my car if you want to keep your hearing."

I roll my eyes, "have fun with your shitbox singalong."

He smiles at me as I close the door and back away so he can pull off. I roll my lanyard around my fingers while I walk up to my front door.

"You got all the boys wrapped your little finger don't you, Hastings?"

I roll my eyes and look over at Greyson. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that he's also my neighbor? Well he is, and it's hell.

"Your delusional, Black."

He's leaning over the engine of his black mustang, shirtless, because it's not like its almost fifty degrees out here or anything. Sarcasm, my friends.

He turns to me while he cleans his hands with a dirty rag, "does that mean that I didn't see you in a janitor's closet today?"

I stop dead in my tracks, "what are you talking about?"

He smirks devilishly, "such a naughty girl."

I drop my bag and stomp over to him, I push his chest making him stumble back only an inch. Damn him and his good balance. "Tell me what you are talking about before I make you."

He flicks my nose, "I know that you have a dirty little secret. I don't know who it is but don't doubt that I will figure it out."

I cross my arms, "why?"

He licks his bottom lip and smirks down at me, "I'm intrigued. Who is it that Skyler Hastings is hiding in her closet. Is it a nerd you're embarrassed to be seen with, or some druggy, oh! Maybe it's a one of those basketball players. That would be interesting don't you think?"

"And if you figure it out, what do you plan to do with the information?"

He pulls lightly on a loose strand of my hair while I swat away his hand, "I plan to do with it what I will."

I glare at him, "what do you want, Greyson?"

He leans down so his face is level with mine, "what I've always wanted Skyler Rose Hastings, you."

I sigh out an agitated breath, "you're so full of yourself, Greyson. Do you ever have a straight answer for anything?"

He laughs, "no. Not ones that I like to share at least."