Chapter Fifteen: You're killing me tonight, Smiles.

October 31st

I push Greyson away before he kisses me. This is wrong. I'm not this girl.
I almost just cheated on Cole…

How could I have almost cheated on Cole? I love Cole.

I need to get out of here. It's too hot in here. I need to get away from Greyson.

“I'm sorry, I have to go.”

I scramble out of the pool as fast as I can and run to my clothes, pulling them on not caring that I'm soaking wet.

“Skye-”

I leave before I hear him finish. I just need to clear my head. I almost let Greyson kiss me. The thing is...I wanted to kiss him. More then I've ever wanted to do anything. But what's even worse is that if I don't get away from him fast, I might do it. I might storm back in there and fall into him.

I've never wanted to do something so bad. I've never needed to do something so bad.

I run through the front lobby towards the parking lot with my dripping hair trickiling down my back. I step out into the fresh night and gasp for air. Running a palm down my face I take a deep breath.

“Skye?”

I whip my head to my left to see Blake, “Blake...you came.”

He nods, “thought I would at least say hi.” He tilts his head, “you okay?”

I nod, “yeah, why wouldn't I be okay?”

He narrows his eyes in concideration, “well you're breathing hard, you're hair is soaking wet, and you look like you just saw a ghost.”

I should know to never lie to Blake. I speak before I can stop myself, “have you ever been so confused about something, something that you know is wrong and stupid, but yet all you want to do is throw caution to the wind and do it anyways?”

He sighs and puts his hands in his pockets, “everyone gets a little confused at times. And everyone at some point in their life wants to do something they think is wrong. But most of the time when that something is worth it, you're just scared of it not working out.”

“What if you already have something you love, but now your not sure you love it as much as you thought you did?”

He smiles, “then maybe you should take a night - or a few nights - and see if you truly love that something as much as you thought you did.”

I wipe the tear thats running down my cheek, “and what if your scared to loose that something?”

He walks up to me and puts his hands on my shoulder, “if you're important to that something, they will stick around. Even if you and that something are diffent then you were before.”

I smile at him, “thanks Blake.”

He shrugs, “anything, pretty girl. Now, do you want to head to his party or do you have some more thinking to do?”

I shake my head, “no. Lets go to the party.”

***

Since it felt like the world was sitting on my chest, I did the only thing I could think of. A drank. Probably too much.

I don't know how late it is when I hear Rowan speaking to me. His words angry, “how could you have gotten this drunk, Skyler? How could you have let her get this drunk?” He must be talking to someone else now.

“She - something came up. I didn't know…” Greyson...Greyson is who he's talking to. I giggle as I try to turn so I can see them. I end up hitting my head on something hard. It should hurt, but instead of a groan, a giggle falls out my mouth.

“Great, I have to go make sure this party doesn't get out of hand. You take care of my sister before she kills herself.”

I hear stomps and then a door slam. A shadow falls over my face and then I hear his velvet voice, “if I would have known you would throw yourself in a pool of alcohol, I would have kept a better eye on you.”

I smile, “you have pretty eyes.”

A dark chuckle, “you're wasted.”

“Nooo…” I singsong, “you're just the prettiest person I've ever known.”
I feel his hand on my shoulder but before he does anything I turn around onto my back. I don't remember how I got on the ground. I look up at Greyson, who's now hovering over me, he looks…

“Why do you look so sad, Greysie?”

His lips twitch at me using my old nickname for him. He sighs and shakes his head, “you're killing me tonight, Smiles.”

I frown, “I don't want to kill you. I love you, Greysie. Don't die.”

His smile doesnt meet his eyes, “I really wish you weren't drunk right now.”

“I'm not drunk, you're drunk.”

One of his hands comes up and grazes along my cheek, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I raise a shaky hand up to his hair and curl a piece of black blue hair around my finger, “you're not gonna die are you?”

He shakes his head, “not until I have everything I've ever wanted.”

I stare up at him with a clouded mind - some part of my brain is telling me not to do this, not to take this step - but my lips form the words anyways.
“I wanted to kiss you,” I whisper. I really shouldn't be saying this, “I still want to kiss you.”

His jaw clenches as he stares down at me, his stormy blue eyes darken, “I can't kiss you, Skyler.”

My heart drops to my stomach - why do those words hurt so badly? - “I'm sleepy.”

He starts to get up but I grab his forearm, “stay.”