Chapter Twenty Eight: Screw this.

November 27th 

"Kiss me."

I stare at him baffled. He did not just say that. Kiss-kiss him?

"Wha-t?"

He smirks and takes the few steps into my room. The door stays open wide and I don't even care. Greyson giving me that look. But this time I can decipher it.

"I said kiss me, Skyler Rose Hastings."

All the nerve endings in my body are shot. His eyes are on me and my stomachs in my throat.

He wants me to kiss him.

Do I want to kiss him?

Well okay, that was a stupid question. I've wanted to kiss him for so long now. But he fell out of a tree to avoid me kissing him. He said he didn't want to be a rebound.

I'm thinking about this way to much. Its getting awkward. Just do it. Just kiss him!

"I can chang-"

I grab him by his bow tie and pull his lip to mine.

He falls into the kiss as if he's catching his breath. As if he's just caught a flower in his palm and he's afraid if he holds onto it for too long it will wither away.

His lips are soft, and he moves his hand to the small of my back connecting our bodies together. My hands snake around his neck pulling him closer to me.

Wanting more. Needing more.

My mind drifts to nothing but Greyson. His lips, his tongue, the way his hand moves up my spine towards my cheek. The way he tastes, like champagne and strawberries.

Wishing I knew how good it would feel to have his breath coating my jaw as he kissed down my neck sooner.

But it stops and my knees are weak.

He pushes away from me; his eyes darkened, his breath heavy.

I just kissed Greyson Black and it was the best kiss I had even experienced.

Dangerous.

Exhilarating.

Powerful.

And I never want to go a day without his lips on mine.

He runs his hand through his hair roughly, making it even messier then before. He shakes his head and takes another step backwards.

I want to ask him why he stopped, I want to ask him to come back. But as he wordlessly leaves out my door I stay silent.

The ghost of his lips linger on mine as I fall onto my bed and close my eyes.

***

I laid there not moving for what felt like hours, but was only an hour. My fingers to my lips feeling the lingering tingles that would erupt with each thought of Greyson.

Sam texted saying that her and Rowan were sight seeing and that they probably would stay out all night. I didn't care.

I was still laying there when the knock sounded at the door.

I was hoping.

Wishing.

Praying.

That it was Greyson at the door.

My wish was granted when I opened up the door and saw him leaning against the door. His bow tie now only a strap around his neck, his hair twisted and turned every which way. He looked up at me as I opened up the door.

His expression going from cold hard determination to as soft caress of a smile on his lips.

The lips that only an hour ago I had on mine.

His eyes searched mine as I searched for something to say. Anything, anything, anyt-

"Screw this."

He smashes his lips to mine.

***

Kissing him felt like stepping into freshly fallen snow with bare feet. Exhilarating but terrifying. Lovely but painful. Beautiful but tragic.

Kissing him was like falling in love with a tragedy thriving for doom.

It was feeling his lips brush against my jaw. It was tasting the desperate amount of love on his lips. It was the feeling of his fingertips on my spine. It was running my fingers through his hair.

It was falling into nothing but Greyson Aleksander Black.

We were a mix of sheets, Skyler, and Greyson.

It was only us.

Me.

Him.

And as we laid there; tangled up in each other, breathless, my finger running down each bump and curve of his stomach. He asked me, "you haven't realized it yet, have you?"

I smiled up at him, keeping my head on its original spot on his naked chest. He's running his fingers trough my hair, making my eyes flutter closed with each stroke. Falling asleep faster and faster.

"Realize what?" I ask, a yawn on my lips.

My eyes flutter shut as I wait for his answer.

Drifting.

"How incredibly in love with you I am."

***

Oh my.

I adore you all. Happy reading.