You can't have a baby

You sighed starring down at what you feared the most. Negative again.

For the last one year, you and your wife Ashley had been trying to have a baby, but nothing had been working. Ashley had even taken off work for a month so she could be with you for support.

You continued to stare down at the pregnancy test, finally breaking down, all you wanted was to have a family. Is that too much to ask for?

"I hate this..." you mumbled through your tears. Ash would be home soon and you knew she wouldn't stop questioning you if she saw you this way. You quickly got up, making sure to hide the test underneath the rest of the trash.

You looked into the mirror trying to get rid of your sad expression , splashing water over your face. Once you finished, you were startled when you heard the sound of the front door opening. She was home...

"Shit." You whispered under your breath before walking out of the bathroom door. Please no tears you thought to yourself.

"Babygirl..." she spoke softly, walking towards you to give you a hug.

"I'm so sorry I was late...I rescheduled the doctors appointment for next thursday. I know you were looking forward to it..." she explained. You almost forgot about the appointment you had with your doctor. Almost...

'Its fine Ash.." You gave her a small smile, not even wanting to talk about anything relating to planning your pregnancy. It was almost as if you had given up completely, losing all hope.

She pulled back from you, smiling widely. "I bought you something to make it up though."

You didn't even notice she was holding a bag when she walked in, she reached behind her pulling out a onesie...

Tears instantly filled up in your eyes. It's official you thought. You failed at making your own wife happy. You dropped to your knees, finally letting all of your tears out, sobbing uncontrollably.

Ashley instantly got onto the floor with you, holding you tight in her arms. The two of you were in that same position for what felt like ages. Your whole body was shaking, tears still falling.

"I-i-t didn't-t w-work..!" You whisper shouted into her shoulder, struggling to get those few words out. You knew that Ashley understood what you meant, never questioning your words, her hands rubbing circles on your back.

"I'm s-so so s-sorr-y ash-" she stopped you mid-sentence, pulling away for you and pushing her lips against your.

"Please please please don't apologize babygirl..." she said breaking the kiss while holding your face in her hands.

"It'll happen when it happens y/n, there's no rush...I promise. We'll keep trying..." she wiped your tears with her thumb, kissing you once more.

The two of you spent your night wrapped in each others arms, knowing that your baby would be soon on it's way. You sighed finally feeling the most comfortable than you have in the last year...

This one is a bit longer than the rest but let me know how you guys like it. Thanks for all the reads!! -Angela :))