You Propose

My updates suckkkk I'm so sorry, but school started up again :((

Your hands began to shake as you leaned against the railing of the deck. Today marked the third year  you and your girlfriend Ashley had been together and you were finally going to make her permanent. It took you almost a year to save up for the ring but it was all worth it, you knew she would love anything you gave to her.

Just as your thoughts came to a close your phone vibrated, it was her....

A- Can't wait to see you tonight ;)

You smiled slightly to yourself, breathing in deeply. You didn't bother texting back, not wanting Ash to suspect anything was going on.  This day had to be perfect and there was no doubt in your mind that it would be anything less than that.

*A few hours later*

You were anxiously waiting for Ashley to arrive at the dinner. You had had even went as far as reserving half of the restaurant for the two of you. The only thing that was left was her...

"There you are...!" You said placing a smile on your lips, standing to give your girlfriend a hug and a kiss.

She smiled shyly, "I'm sorry baby, they wanted me at the studio longer than I thought." She she said taking a seat at the table. You nodded understandingly, not wanting to question her any further. Tonight is supposed to be about you and her, nothing else.

The two of you ordered your food and began to carry on with conversation. You felt the box in your pocket shift as you adjusted in your seat. It was getting late and you had to make your move soon.

"Ash...I wanna ask you something." You moved towards the edge of your seat, getting ready to move to your knee. You had her attention as she turned to face you, nodding for you to continue on.

"Wait....I want to say something too..." she said cutting you off from your speech. You were a bit surprised but you let her go on before you.

"I want us to be serious...it's been three years and I'm not sure how else to prove to you that you're the only one that I want. I just think that-" This time it was you who cut her off, leaning in to kiss her lips softly. You pulled away only to mumble five words.

"Will you marry me Ash...?" You said softly, bringing out the ring to show her. Her eyes instantly went wide as she lifted her hand to her mouth, nodding her head yes. She took the ring from the box placing it on her own finger, causing you to laugh at her actions.

"It's beautiful..." her voice cracking slightly from her tears.

"Yeah...took me a year to get it." You said shamelessly, taking her hand in yours.

Although the ring took all of your money, you knew it was worth it just to get this reaction from her. It was...perfect.

Literally finished this chapter during class lol, thank you for all the reads!! Btw I have another book of imagines with Lauren Jauregui if ya know her!! Will be working on another chapter soon 😘 -Angela