Coming Home

London, England
St. Thomas Hospital
Chorong received call from the medical director of the hospital she work to come and see him in his office.

Medical Director Office
Dr. Mike: good afternoon Dr. Park, please take a seat.
Dr. Park: thank you Dr. Mike, do you have something to talk with me?
Dr. Mike: actually yes Dr. Park but before that I need to ask you something. Do you happy working here?
Dr. Park: yes of course, is there anything related to what you about to say to me?
Dr. Mike: not really I just wanted to know that's all. Okay back to the real reason I ask you to come and see me, I'm quite surprised you actually applied for leave next month for Christmas. I know you rarely go back to your country, as far as I can remember you only back when you brother getting married 3 years ago. You've been doing your clinical practice during your study time and working here for 6 years and I've been observing you from start until now you only go back to Korea for one time only. I know you work very hard to achieved and become an excellent doctor, in fact you are one of my favorite students. You are very good doctor and I'm so proud of you, you nonstop working and not go for a holiday at all, to appreciate your hard work I will approved you leave for 1 month. You start you leave on 20 December onwards, enjoy you Christmas holiday with you family.
Dr. Park: are you serious Dr. Mike? But I only applied my leave for 2 weeks not 1 month.
Dr. Mike: I'm serious and approved you leave for 1 month, just considered it's a Christmas gift from me to you. I want you to go back to Korea and meet your family and friends they must be missed you a lot. Doctor also need to rest and spending their time with family.
Dr. Park: I don't know what to say Dr. Mike, I didn't expect this will happened thank you so much.
Dr. Mike: just don't forget to bring me a souvenir from Korea that'll will be fine for me hehehe..
Dr. Park: don't worry Dr. Mike I will buy something special from Korea just for you.
Dr. Mike: owhh really? I can't wait hehe..can I ask you something?
Dr. Park: yes, what is it?
Dr. Mike: why you suddenly want to go back Korea? because I know you won't simply applied leave without any reason.
Dr. Park: actually my best friend are getting married on Christmas eve so I don't want to disappoint her that's why I just try my luck and apply the leave. I'm feel so lucky and happy because you approved my leave.
Dr. Mike: that's the only reason? How about someone special? There is no one waiting for you back home?
Dr. Park: (startled and speechless) ermm..no one waiting for me except my parents, my brother and my best friends. I have no time to think about love or being in a relationship now.
Dr. Mike: you are just like my daughter and I'm concerned about you. I can see from your face telling me that you've been hurt before by someone you really in love with. You changed, gave up your love and throw yourself into work that's why you never go back or go for a vacation. People change, feeling change but it doesn't mean that the love once you shared with him wasn't true or real. People change for two reasons, one they have learned a lot and two they have been hurt too many times. This is friendly and humble advice coming from someone you can call as a father and going through a lot. Don't change, be yourself and the right man will love the real you.
Dr. Park: (silent)
Dr. Mike: I talked a lot today, I'm so sorry.
Dr. Park: I actually appreciate your advice, it's been long time nobody giving me any advice or encouragement like this since I lives faraway from my family. Thank you.
Dr. Mike: I just want you to be happy and lived you life, you still young and it's not too late for you to feel again the loved you felt before. Okay?
Dr. Park: I don't think I will feel it again with the same person. It's been 6 years we're not seeing and talking with each other.
Dr. Mike: if you really love someone, time and distance will not make you forget him. I'll always believe in love no matter what because it's what brought me and my wife together for 35 years and still counting. I lost her once but my love for her never died, what we have is real, we end up being married and have 3 wonderful childrens. Well, I can say my love story is like I fall in love with unexpected person at the unexpected times.
Dr. Park: Your wife must be lucky to have you as her husband. Thank you for telling me your story, I'll keep that in mind.
Dr. Mike: I'm the one who is actually lucky to have her, it's the best thing that ever happened to me.