|| Memories and a Meal ||

It was happening. They were really going to do it. As the day got closer, (Name) began to doubt the plan thinking she'd fail it. Surely KarlHeinz would kill her before she even had the chance to fight, right? No, she can't think like this or she really would fail.

"Hey, Kaoru, you've been spacing out again." Shuu waved the silver weapons in front of her face, "That's been happening a lot lately, you okay?" Snapping back to reality, she looked him in the eye, "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine." Hearing this reply, the male frowned, "I don't buy it. Tell me." 

Taking a seat beside her, Shuu grasped her shoulders, lightly shaking them. "I just worried okay? He's so much stronger than me, what if I fail? He won't hesitate to kill me. Even if I slip up once he'll be able to rid of me faster than that." She clicked her fingers. Her eyes were wide with fear and her body shakes ever so slightly. "I sound so selfish, but I don't want to die, I finally have a reason to live!"

"Hey, hey! You won't die, there's the six of us who will back you up against him. We won't let you die." Shuu spoke, his voice full of certainty. For (Name), his tone made it sound all the more believable, but there is just that small voice in the back of her mind speaking of failure and death. It's strange how in these sort of situations, people listen to that small voice over the louder voice. (Name) came to the conclusion that she would try to forget about that small voice, it always over calculated things anyway.

Taking the weapons from Shuu, she tested the balance of the sword before trying out the gun. They were perfect; the sword balanced evenly and the gun wasn't too heavy. "They won't kill him but will definitely weaken him. His head needs to be cut off for him to die." Replying with a nod, she sheathed the sword again before setting them both beside her dresser. "Noted. Thanks."

Suddenly, the door burst open and a breathless Ayato came running in, panting. It seemed that he had just ran about 1000 miles by the way he looked. "Tomorrownightisalunareclipseallvampire'spowerswillbeweakened."

"Erm, can you repeat that again, but about 100x slower? That would be useful, thanks." The male stood up fully, getting his breath back, "Tomorrow night is a lunar eclipse, all vampire's powers will be weakened."

"So then that's when we'll have our 'meal'. It will be easier for us to fight him." Shuu firmly answered, without anyone else's input. "So soon? I'm definitely going to fail... And you guys can't help me if needed, not without getting hurt." Shuu grabbed her hands, "It doesn't matter if we get hurt, as long as we achieve our goal it doesn't matter." (Name) was silent for a while, unsure. "Remember this?" He pointed at the bracelet given to her on her birthday, which was tied round her wrist, "We're here for you, this shows it. Plus you said before that they already seem like family. Proper family doesn't abandon others."

"Okay. I'll do my best." She smiled softly, lightly cupping his cheeks and placing a small kiss on his lips.

"You're really determined about this, aren't you, Shuu? You hate fighting." Ayato pointed out. He had a good point too. (Name) suddenly remembered one of the last missing fragments of her childhood, which was strange, as she was fully awake at the moment.

Once again, the young girl sat in the area where both of them hid as to not get caught by the other vampires. "Hi Shuu. Hey, are you okay?" The blond came and sat down upset, a frown on his face. "Yeah... I'll be fine." She hugged him, "You can tell me, can't you? We're friends right?"

"I'm sick and tired of Mother and Reiji, they're constantly at me. It's like Reiji wants to fight me for some reason and Mother just keeps over working me. I'm very tired, and my brother doesn't like me." He sadly sighed, resting his head on her shoulder. Rubbing circles on his back, Kaoru hugged him a little tighter, "It's okay, just let it out."