Eighteen.

Little bit of a time skip again, not too long. Maybe like a couple months.
__________________

Three months has passed and it has only gotten worse. Fights have broken out, shootouts, and robberies have come from both sides. Daniel was still being used as the face, and we haven't seen much of the acutal leader, or heard much. One idea we had two months ago was send Tom in as a spy in the fighting ring. If he survives the matches he moves up levels and maybe soon he will meet the leader and hear them speak.

"Daniel is calling" I told Alessandro standing. It took me more effort than normal to push myself out of the low chair, but then again I am in my ninth month, and I am a fucking whale.

"Answer" Alessandro told me. I glared at his command, and answered the phone.

"Hello Daniel" I said with a smile. No matter what he did, he was still my brother. "Hello Amber, are you okay? Safe?" He asked softly. "Yes, if you guys could stop with all the robberies and shootouts I would be fine" I stated plainly. "I am sorry Amber. You know I am" he said quietly.

After small talk we hung up and I told Alessandro that in the way he talks it seems like he is not the acutal leader. "Then our suspicions are right. Tonight Thomas has two matches. If he wins the first he will meet the boss and fight a second round with someone else. Then we will strike" he said with a nod.

"No harm comes to Daniel" I stated. A low curse escaped his lips. "Fine Daniel will be spared" he growled. I smirked, and went for more popcorn; since Alessandro and I happened to be watching a movie.

Alessandro Firmino~

"No harms comes to Daniel" said Amber with a frown. "Fine" I growled.

I hate Daniel, he's the reason that this bullshit keeps happening to us. Because he is letting someone take over.

"What are you scowling at?" Asked Amelia. I saw a bottle of beer in her hand and scrunched my nose at the cheap smell.

"Nothing" I glowered. "You know that Daniel will always be a part of her. He's the only family she has left" she stated. "I am her family now. The Italian mafia is her family" I said.

"Alessandro stop with this pretentious bullshit. I don't care if you two have a kid. That's her family" she said before taking a swig.

"I protected her!" I yelled standing. "You threatened to kill her! You found out she was a Kopenev and threatened to kill her! And don't play like you weren't planning a way to get rid of her before you slept together" she said loudly.

"Who cares what I had planned! It didn't work!" I said. "You called Oliver and exchanged a deal for heavy money! And then when you slept with her you had him killed. Before that you were going to trade her off. Just for a couple extra bucks" said Amelia.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, annoyed with Amelia. When I looked up I saw Amber standing at the door, holding her arms.

Tears streamed down her face, but nothing was spoken. With pain etched on her face, Amber walked away in defeat.

"Thanks a fucking lot Amelia. Go take you drunk ass somewhere else. Amber!" I called running out of the room.

"She's in the bathroom sir, of the fifth guest bedroom" said one of my men. I nodded and walked into the smaller room. With a soft knock on the door I heard a sniff.

"Amber, that was the old me. I didn't mean to do those things, but here let me make it up to you" I begged softly. "You wanted to have me killed? You told me Oliver was dead. You told me you had him taken care of months before we slept together. You would give me back to the man that raped and abused me for fourteen years?!" She basically screamed at me.

I sat back, defeated. That was a terrible thing for me to do. I know I'm a murderer, and a monster but she was helpless and I was going to throw her away to the garbage basically. For only a million dollars I would have killed the most beautiful girl sitting in front of me.

"Amber I promise that I will never harm you. I don't know what I was thinking, no I wasn't thinking. But please... I want to protect you, protect our child. That's why I am sending Tom in tonight. That's why we have to find out who it is so you'll be safe" I said pulling her into my arms.

"I am so scared, I don't want anything to happen to my little girl" she sobbed into my shoulder. Upon instinct I pulled her tighter to my chest, and rubbed my hand on her swollen belly.

"Nothing will happen to her. I will die before anyone lays a hand on my daughter, or you. How can you even stand to look at me?" I asked her softly.

She looked up, her eyes red and puffy. For someone who was just crying Amber had a gorgeous crying face. It was amazing how she could look so good. Her hand raised and she traced my jawline with her thin fingers. With a small sigh she stopped at my lips and brought her hand down to my heart.

"Because under all of this" she said softly "I know there's a broken man who just needs a family".

"I have a family though" I responded. "No. A real family. Your family is the mob and the mob is all you knew growing up, that's all your father knew. You never got to be a kid, you never got to be a teenager. I don't know how being a teenager was and being kid. I lost all of that; we lost all of that. But I know that you need something stable" she said leaning against me.

Maybe I did need something stable... I mean it's been a long time since I've lived normally, but sadly I never will fully be able to. Even if we moved, I would still have to come back for business.

But in this moment I didn't think about that. I didn't think about Tom going to the ring tonight, or the Russian mafia. I thought about Amber laying in my arms and our daughter in her.

"I'll always protect both of you. I swear on my life"