the boy| parents and booty calls

THE DRIVE BACK HOME, my actual home was excruciatingly silent

THE DRIVE BACK HOME, my actual home was excruciatingly silent. Julian kept clearing his throat with every passing moment and I was on the verge of snapping because of it. Letting out an exasperated sigh, my parents house came into view. A few minutes went by as we sat in the car looking out the driver's window.

❝Listen Jul-❞

❝It's okay,❞ I quickly cut him off, offering a small smile. I. knew what he'd say. He'd apologize for almost kissing me, but I honestly didn't want him to. ❝I promise, it's really fine.❞ I quickly grabbed my bag and planted my lips against his cheek muttering a good bye.

I closed the door, looking cautiously around the neighborhood, before walking up the steps to my family home. Glancing over the cliche white picket fence, lovely fairytale garden. As I'm admiring the garden, a head pops up, along with some weeds.❝Julie, sweetie, is that you?❞  A small dog started to bark, its bark being eight octaves higher than the usual Jack Russel. Glaring at the demon thing, I turned my attention to the older woman who held a spade in her hand.

❝Mrs. Adams?❞ My eyebrows furrow as I look to the brunette-haired woman, with crinkles by her eyes and oversized gloves on her miniature hands. ❝Darling, you know to call me Sara.❞

Smiling small, I make my way over to her, tip-toeing across the stepping stones carefully, like I used to when I was younger and home more often. ❝Good morning Sara, how's the garden coming along?❞

❝Well, I'm trying to get rid of these pesky things.❞ Sara huffs, shaking the weeds in here hands with a distasteful look on her face. 

❝Oh dear, and how's that coming along?❞ my brow quirks slightly, knowing Sara has arthritis

❝It's a bit challenging but, I'm handling it.❞  She shrugs lightly, waving her free hand.The sound of dad yelling at Alex, and Alex yelling back push it's way out to the front yard. Looking over my shoulder at the house, then back to Sara, she waves me off, ❝You've been a way too long sweetie, go be with your family❞She smile, squatting back down, attending to her garden. I reach for the door knob anticipating what they have in store for me.

Sighing, I twist it slowly and step through the doorway and the highly-flavored aroma of pineapples and other freshly picked fruits filled my nostrils.

❝Ah! Julia❞ my eyes snap open at the sound of my father's boisterous voice and I look at him wide eyed, ❝Tell your idiotic brother that Seattle is better than Patriots.❞ he pointedly states, grabbing my shoulder and bringing me into the living after closing the door behind us.

Furrowing my eyebrows, ❝There's no emergency?❞ I ask, looking up at him as we stroll back into the living room.

❝This is an emergency woman!❞ Alex proclaims, throwing his hands in the air, only to bring them back down to tug on his roots. I shake my head and close my eyes taking a breath, dropping my duffle bag on the ceramic tiles floors. Slapping my hand against my forehead, realizing that I had kissed Julian .