26. The Lake House

JUSTIN POV

"You're being too rough," I shouted as Katy Nana's nimble fingers tried to pull the needle through the cut above my eyebrow. She had already done all the gashes over the rest of my body and just a few more remained. I was over the attention and medical services.

"Justin, you need to sit still. I can't help you if you keep moving," Jaxon said, dabbing my knee with medicated cloth.

"God... That fucking stings. Stop it," I grunted.

"You're such a baby." Keegan crossed his arms. "For a man who just got blown up, you'd think you'd be a little more subdued."

"I just want to see Maddie. Can that be arranged?"

"No, you need to be checked out by a doctor, and she's still sleeping."

"She's been sleeping for three hours. Wake her up. I need to make sure she's all right."

"Trust me, she's okay. You, on the other hand, need to slow down," Keegan scolded. "Pattie is going to flip her shit when she finds out what's been going on here."

"I'm fine," I said for the fiftieth time.

"How exactly did you get out?" Finn asked. "I was the track star in high school. You were the lanky, awkward one. Since when did you get running legs?"

"I ran like hell and obviously, didn't do a good job, did I?"

I looked down at myself. Burns covered most of my body, and I been through hell. I had bruises from top to bottom and scars that probably wouldn't ever heal. There was a dull ringing in my ears, along with a strong smell of fire that was stuck up my nose. My back hurt, my sides ached, and my legs felt like jelly.

I tried to pretend like nothing was wrong, but I was in pain. So much pain. I really only wanted to see Maddie, though.

"This is no good. I can only do so much. Where is that doctor?" Katy Nana was about to cry, her hands covered in my blood.

"He's on his way."

"This is why you don't touch bombs!" Keegan ranted. "We've learned it since day one. Now you're whole house is blown up, and you look like complete shit. Maddie is worried sick, probably caused stress to the babies, and we have another person after us."

I threw a lamp at his head; he ducked, and it shattered against the wall.

"I'm moving us out of this fucking city," I said. "At least until after the babies are born. I can't take this anymore. I have to look over my shoulder every fiveseconds, and this was the last straw."

"And where do you plan on moving to?" Jaxon asked.

"The lake house."

"The lake house? We haven't been there in... years," Finn said. "I don't like that place. It's haunted."

"It's safe and it's secluded. I'm moving." I hopped off of the desk and grunted in pain as I landed on my feet. "Shit!"

"You're not going anywhere. You probably need some kind of surgery and the lake house is hours from here." Katy Nana pushed me back down. "I won't allow you and Mrs. Maddie so far away, especially with her being so close to her due date."

"You have no choice in the matter. We have no house at the moment, so it doesn't really matter, anyway. We have to move."

"Then go to the city," Keegan suggested. "You have three penthouses. Hell, live with us."

"This city is toxic. I don't even know why we fucking moved back."

"Because you had family obligations, like you do now. You can't run away."