27. Genesis

MADDIE POV

"Maddie, get off the phone we have to watch this," Olivia whined from next to me.

"No, leave me alone." I pushed her away. "Sorry about that, Justin."

"How are things going today?"

"Fine. I can't move and I feel like I'm about to pop, but it's fine."

"We won't have to wait too much longer."

"I'm ready."

We had been at the lake house for a week now. Justin and the boys had just left after another fun weekend. I missed them all terribly. I understood why I needed to be here, but I wished Justin would stop working and just stay with me. I never said anything, though, because I didn't want to sound like a child.

"I might be able to come up a little early this week," Justin said.

"Really?"

"Yeah. In fact, this might be my last week of work. I need to take paternity leave so I can help you out."

"That's much appreciated."

"Ask him if he's bought more cribs yet," Olivia whispered.

"Tell her that everything's ready in the penthouse for when you come back."

"He's got it covered."

"I even had the nursery painted."

"What does it look like?"

"You'll just have to wait until you get here," he teased.

"Maddie, get off the phone!" Bridget shouted. "We have to watch this video."

"Okay, Justin, I'll have to call you back later."

"Before you go to bed."

"Alright. I love you."

"Love you too, Maddie. Have fun." The line went dead.

"You two talk on the phone entirely too much," Bridget complained, eating from her bag of chips.

"You're all driving me crazy."

This place had become like a sorority house over the past few days. Jaxon was our only mediator, because Katy Nana refused to get in the middle of out petty fights. Between my pregnancy hormones and Bridget's permanent bitchy attitude, there was always a fight erupting over something. Olivia got tired of it and would just start shouting because we were. We would fight and then five seconds later, hug it out. It was infuriating.

"Ladies, please." Jaxon sat between us on the couch. "We just need to watch this movie that the doctor gave us and then we can all go to our separate corners."

"I hate you," I snapped at Bridget.

"Maddie, stop it," Jaxon warned. "We're not going to have a repeat of yesterday."

"Olivia started it," Bridget complained.

"You pushed her down the stairs!"

"Accidentally."

Katy Nana came into the room. "I'm off to the grocery store. I have everyone's list. Anything else?"

"I need tampons," Olivia said quickly.

Jaxon groaned.

"Noted." Katy Nana wrote it down. "I shall be back shortly." She left the house, flanked by three bodyguards.