Chapter 1

As I made my way to the bus stop I put in my headphones and played " are you mines" by Arctic monkeys, hands in my jacket since it was rather chilly this time of year. I walked quickly so I wouldn't miss the ticket to my future. 

Reaching the bus stop I pulled out the money needed and placed it in my palm, calmly waiting for the big vehicle to pull up. I knew I was taking a chance  pursing this interview as it didn't seem I was all the qualified I mean at least not on paper. I began to get impatient and just as I was about it sigh the bus pulled up and the doors snapped open. I quickly rushed on and placed my money in the slot. Sat in my seat and pulled out a compact mirror to make sure I looked nice. I was wearing a black top with a black skirt and my black hair was straight. I obviously love the color black. Although it had been chilly I was used to it and I'd only be outside for a few moments.

After I made sure my makeup had looked okay I shuffled my music and sooner or later I had arrived to my stop. Getting off I took the office building in front of me all in, allowing my jitters to melt away with self affirmations. I knew it wouldn't be paid until I proved I was worthy for the company but I had to try. I took a deep breathed and pushed the doors open, inside I was hit with a perfume scent. The entrance was beautiful and clean, I walked the the front desk and a women with blonde hair smiled brightly, although it looked like it wasn't too genuine. I grinned "hi I'm here to do an interview with Mr.Callahan."
She smiled but her eyes said something else and I waved it off as it didn't truly ruin my mood.
"Yes, he is on the top floor. You may go up." She said and then began typing on her computer.
"Okay thank you" I said walking away my heels made a satisfying sound. I allowed my walk to not remain so stiff.
I walked to the elevator and pressed the top button, inside it was red and also smelled good. I was beginning to feel uneasy as I made my way to the top.

Once the elevator came to a complete stop and the doors opened I was met with a beautiful lobby plants and open windows. I walked to the older women sitting in front of the double doors, she smiled warmly "hello honey you must be here for the interview,you can go right in Mr.Callahan is ready to meet you."

I smiled and said "thank you"
made sure I looked okay before opening one of the double doors, walking inside sat a man with brown hair, he wore a black suit and he had a ring on his middle finger. I watched him as he looked up at me his brown eyes locked mine and I stopped breathing for a moment. He was handsome, I definitely was intimidated but I didn't wanna seem impolite so I worked a quick smile and walked towards him. I could see his eyes traveling my body, taking me all in. "Hi I'm Ariana, nice to meet you." I said as I sat down, for a moment he just stared, I began to blush because he seemed like he didn't realize he was doing it as he snapped out, I gave a sheepish grin in order to break the awkward tension. It didn't work, "hi love, I'm Brendan Callahan it's nice to meet you" he said as he got up to shake my hand, I met his hand and his was considerably bigger than mine. I smiled at our hands meeting and he watched my lips.

"Now why do you want to work here?" He said looking at me with an unknown emotion at least one I didn't wanna jump to conclusions about.
"Well I'm a hard worker and although I don't have the paper to prove it if you'd give me the opportunity to show you I can be a amazing receptionist I'd love to show you and get that experience on paper. He smiled at the response "Although I'd normally never do this, I'll make an exception for you I'll train you myself and I'll start you off with 19 an hour. Do you have a ride here everyday?" He asked in all seriousness I couldn't even believe this man was going to do all this for me, I didn't trust it as easily but the money sounded nice and he seemed respectful. "I ride the bus, so yes" I said to him he scrunched his face as if I had offended him in some way. I began to ramble as I thought he had been upset at the response though he cut me off with a quick "that won't do, I'll have a personal driver pick you up." He began righting things down " you don't have to do that really I can ride the bus." He looked at me his eyes a dark dark brown, "no you won't ride the public transportation I won't have it."
I just let it be as it was nice and I didn't have money to spend every time anyway.  "Okay" I said thankful.

"Are you able to be trained today?" He asked as I watched him continue writing things down. " I'm available." I said although I did wanna go to the library after but I just kept that information to myself. This opportunity was better than I had expected and the library is always available.
"Good" he said his eyes lighting up..
He began making a few phone calls, telling people that they needed to arrange a driver and he sent the old sweet lady home. Apparently she was filling in until he found an appropriate receptionist, o didn't know whether to feel bad or not be he reassured me it was best.
I smiled at him because although we had only met a while ago I could tell we would somehow get along.

Although physically we didn't match eachother. A talk brown haired white man, and a short black girl. After the phone calls he told me that I'm able to bring whatever I need to my desk and as long as when those elevator doors open I'm not doing anything distracting I'm free to do as I please. I grinned at the idea and I'd be working clothes to Handsome man so I was pretty excited. "Thank you for the opportunity Mr Callahan."
"Anything for you, Ariana." He said watching my face as my name rolled off his tongue. I could feel my cheeks getting hot so I looked down as my face was starting for form a smile. Truth be told that's what I love to hear.

As we spent the rest of the day together in his office we talked until it was time to leave, he told me I should stay so I did I don't understand why but I don't get out much and he was handsome and interesting so I stayed.

He walked with me and we got into the elevator together, "do you have a ride home?" He asked as he looked at me with pure concern. " I don't but it's okay I don't live too far." I said lying. " he frowned and as the elevator doors opened he grabbed my hand, he walked quickly passed the blonde lady who seemed to have been waiting with her things packed. She gave a dirty look as she saw our hands interlocked and him pulling me forward. I had to take 3 steps to match his 1 step. He walked straight out the door paying the women no mind, "um where we going? I didn't even tell you my address?" I said starting to panic because I had only met this man today so I can't say he wouldn't hurt me.
He sensed the panic and stopped abruptly causing me to bump into his chest he grabbed me tightly n I stumbled but quickly straightened myself out. "The company find all records of employees, which we also made some things private for you so nobody else would be able to track you." He said "track me?"  "why would anyone track me?" I replied.

"Just in case honey." He said
Again with the names, I just gave in and let myself trust him, although I'd never recommend this.
He opened the door for me and buckled me in as if I wasn't able to do it myself I just let him not knowing how impolite it is to say no. Although I didn't mind it.
He got in and put my address up on his gps, he looked at me and smiled and we began driving.

As we pulled up to my apartment I felt a ring of sadness realizing I wouldn't be around him, then I forced that feeling away and grabbed the handle of the door. "Wait.." he said he sounded sad I quickly turned "um this is well, I'd like to stay with you and I know that's not something that is a normal thing but just i haven't connected with anyone in a long time like you and if we are to work side by side then we should establish a friendship." He quickly mumbled. I giggled normally I wouldn't be so naive but something in me wanted to let him in completely and I allowed myself to give in to that urge.

"You can come in i mean it's not the nicest and I have a cat but you can sleep over, you're right it's not normal but I've had a really good time meeting you and getting to know you today as well. Although I'm not sure if this is okay within a professional standard."
"I run the company so naturally I get a say in what's a standard, we are both adults." He replied and he pulled into a parking space.

He got out and ran to my side, opening it and unbuckling me. " you know I can do it myself right?" I said " he chuckled "well with me here you don't have too."