Chapter Nine: Looking out of the Eye

After lunch, Martha leaves the dinner table first, leaving John and Rachel. Rachel picks at her string beans and John does the same. "I don't why your mom makes this disgusting garbage."

"Me either," Rachel says.

John laughs at that. "Well, you're going to eat it all. And mines too." he laughs again.

Rachel sets her fork down. "Do you want to meet my friend?"

John wipes his face with a napkin then grabs a cold beer can off of the table. "Who the hell is Georgie?"

"My friend. He lives in the basement," she shows him her arm. John looks at the tiny red bruises on her arm. "I gave him some of my blood now I can see out of both eyes."

John arches his eyebrows and glares at her. "Oh yeah, cover the good eye and let's see if you can really see out of the other eye."

"Okay!" Rachel says, ready to show him. She covers her left eye for John. "Okay, I'm read-" As soon as she covers her left eye, everything behind John turns dark. John's body is still there but his face is a big blur. He looks scary and strange.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" John asks then holds up 4 fingers.

Rachel can see four black long fingers on John. She quickly puts her hand down, afraidat what she's looking at. Everything is normal again. John's finger aren't black and his face isn't blurry.

"Cheater!" John says. "You can't look."

Rachel's heart is beating really fast now. She puts her hand over her eye once more. John's face is blurry again.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" he says then holds up two fingers that appear long and black to Rachel.

"Two." Rachel says in a low voice. She's about to put her hand down when she see's something scooting out from the darkness. It's a thin silhouette, all black and no face. It stands still and looks at Rachel. Rachel doesn't exactly know if it's staring at her for it has no face. Then, all of a sudden three long white hands reach out of the face of the silhouette.

Rachel screams then put her hand down. She slides her chair back then runs upstairs into her room and shut the door. She looks at the door, slowly backing away. However, she doesn't notice the long white hands stretching and reaching for her from underneath her sheets.