Chapter Twenty: After All These Years

"After all these years," Bella says, walking down the stairs. "You still can't find one loyal friend. You're so desperate you sent that pathetic excuse for a human after my boy. You should just shrivel up and die now."

"I didn't want your boy," he says. "I have Rachel."

Bella sends one of her tentacles flying down into Georgie's head. Any faster and it could have gone right through him. Georgie hisses at her, but that's all he can do. He's too weak to fight. She lashes him with another tentacle which slices right through his arm. Georgie lets out a loud screech that wakes Rachel up immediately.

She peeks from underneath the box and sees Georgie lying on the floor. Black liquid pours from his wounds. Bella stood in front of him. "I can't destroy you myself," she says.

"Exactly, " Georgie says. "Only lack of blood can destroy me. No matter what you do to me, I'll always be here." he smiles at her.

Bella too smiles back at him. "You're just too weak. How do you expect to survive if you're too nice? You were better off human."

Suddenly a tentacle wraps around Rachel's foot, pulling her into the air. "If you can't handle her," she quickly glides to the top of the stairs with Rachel. Georgie frowns and reaches a hand for Rachel but he cannot save her now. It's already too late. "Then I will," Bella says. She then slides out of the basement and slams the door shut, leaving Georgie inside.

Bella walks into the kitchen, shuffling through the drawers in the kitchen. She pulls out matches, then lights, plenty at the same time. Rachel watches and begs for her to let her go. Bella carries the lit match in front of the basement door. She lets them fall into the door and they catch fire to the wood. Bella didn't expect anyone or any child to move in there for a  while now.