Chapter Fourteen: Martha's Death

Georgie continues playing with the plastic cup, throwing it, then retrieving it again. He sighs time to time. A small part of Georgie's hand shrivels up. His eyes arch down and his lips part away, exposing his sharp teeth.

He covers one eye while looking through the other one. The one Rachel gave him. With it, he could see everything she does and everyone she talks to. That way he could make sure she doesn't leave. Ever.

Georgie sees Rachel sleeping. Her presence warms his heart. He begins calling her name. Rachel only tosses and turns, dreaming about Georgie. Georgie gives up on calling her since she was in a deep sleep. He crawls underneath his box and waits for her to return.

***

Later that evening Martha decides to take a quick shower. She plans on spending most of her night getting wasted at the bar. It is the weekend after all. Only, while she's showering, she hears someone opening the door.

"Rachel?" she asks. No reply. She pulls back the curtain and screams when she sees Christopher standing there by the sink. He isn't wearing his glasses and inside his empty sockets are two red dots that might be his eyes. Christopher stands still however, Martha can feel her heartbeat slowing down. Paralyzed, she watches as Christopher's mouth grows wider and wider. His body floats a few inches over the ground towards her. Martha wants to scream, she wants to talk, she wants her mouth to open at least, but she can't move at all. She can only watch as the creature's mouth hovers over her head. Saliva falls onto her face and slides inside her eyes. She feels the saliva burn her skin, sending loud sizzling sounds throughout the air.

The creature locks his teeth onto her neck filling the air with a disturbing crunch. Martha's body is no longer paralyzed. It falls lifelessly to the floor. In one huge gulp, the creature swallows her entire head. In that moment hands rise from underneath the floor. More than 20 hands reach for Martha's body, each one tearing her limb from limb until she is nothing more than a few bits of tiny flesh.