Chapter Twenty-One: Bella

Bella smiles at Rachel. She begins to lick her lips as she examines the poor girl. Rachel is very weak. She can barely sit up or even walk. The basement she's in is the same one Katie died in. Bella sits on a box similar to Georgie.

"I'm sorry for what Georgie has done to you," Bella starts. "And for what you have seen." Her voice is no longer sinister and scary. It's calm, like that of a woman's. "I can give you back what Georgie has taken away from you. Your mother, John's life. Everything you have lost."

Rachel remains quiet. Sweat flows down her face and her head cannot stop trembling. Bella points to the top of the basement stairs and someone opens the door.

"Rachel? How many times do I have to tell you to stay out of the basement." Martha says. Rachel almost smiles because the mother has no glasses.

John marches behind her. "You better not have my flashlight!" he yells. The two parents then walk away, leaving the basement door open.

Rachel feels... a little relief, but at the same time, completely hopeless. Bella slides into Rachel's lap. "I will never ever hurt you, or your family. But-" she says, staring hard into Rachel's eyes.

"But what?" Rachel chokes on her words.

"You have to bring me, friends," she says. "I want the bad ones. I want the... mean ones," she says in a low voice.

"Why?" Rachel asks.

Bella laughs hysterically for a few seconds. "Because I like the way they taste."

Rachel nods her head slowly.

"If you don't obey me, I will kill you." Bella warns her.

Rachel nods once more.

Bella smiles. "I am full for now. Next week I want you to make plenty of friends. Okay?"

Rachel stands up straight. "Okay,"

In that same minute, Bella snatches out her own eye, then snatches out Rachel's eye. Before Rachel could scream, Bella places her inside the poor girl's socket.

"I will see everything you do," Bella says...