House of Memories

Dirk POV

"Hey Karkat? I need to talk to you." Sollux said, walking to the sink with his bowl. "Um, sure. What about?" Karkat asked, smiling still. "Come with me." Sollux said, walking into the bedroom with Karkat. "What do you think that's about?" Jake asked, leaning over to me. "I...I'm not sure." I said, wondering what it was about too. "Hey Jake, I need to talk to you about something too." I said, gathering all my courage and looking at Jake. "What is it baby?" He asked, holding my hands with a smile on his face. I hate myself so much right now. "I think we should break up."

"Wh-why?" Jake asked, his voice breaking. "I...I'm sorry." I said, sighing and looking down. "Who is it?" Jake asked, a few tears running down his face. "Who loved you better than me?" He asked, taking his hands back and wiping his face. "It was-" "YOU BITCH!!" I was about to say, then I got cut off. "Look, Karkat, I'm sorry." I heard Sollux say back over Karkat. "NO YOU'RE NOT!! IF YOU WERE SORRY YOU WOULD BE TRYING TO FIX THIS!! NOT BREAK UP WITH ME!!" Karkat yelled. 

"Was it Sollux?" Jake asked, somehow keeping himself calm. "...yes..." I said, my head down. Jake straightened himself out, wiped his eyes, and looked me dead in the eyes. "Okay. Just don't hurt him like you did with me." Jake said, making a tear fall from my eye. "I HATE YOU SOLLUX CAPTOR!!" Karkat yelled, storming out of the bedroom with a bag in hand and tears falling from his eyes and down his neck. "FUCK YOU!" He yelled, flipping off Sollux. "AND FUCK YOU!!" He yelled, flipping me off. 

I looked up to see Sollux standing in the doorway. "Do me a favor?" Jake asked, grabbing his keys and handing them to me. "Sure, what?" I asked, grabbing the keys. "Get your stuff out of the apartment by the end of the month?" He asked, smiling weakly. "O-okay." I said, smiling back. "Thanks." Jake said, hugging me then leaving. "Karkat! You can stay with me!" He yelled, getting in the car with Karkat. They drove off and I closed the door. I turn around and see Sollux walk into his room.

I walk into the room too, seeing Sollux picking some things up that were knocked over from Karkat's fit. "Hey, I'm gonna go get a room at a motel. I'll see you later." I said, walking to the door when I felt a hand on my wrist, stopping me. "Why don't you stay here?" He asked, clearly trying to flirt. Then I got pissed. "I hope you're happy." I snapped, turning around to face him. "What?" Sollux asked, confused. "I hope you're happy. You've ruined 2 lives in the span of 1 day." I said, ripping my hand from his and walking to the door. "Dirk, you wanted me as much as I wanted you." He said, running in front of me. "But I never wanted to hurt them!" I yelled, seeing Sollux flinch back. "They were going to be hurt either way!" He yelled back, pointing to the door, referring to Karkat and Jake. "You ruined your marriage!" I yelled. "I was unhappy anyway!" Sollux yelled back. 

"I'm leaving." I said, grabbing my jacket from a chair and walking to the door. "Dirk!" Sollux yelled, stopping me. "What?" I asked through clenched teeth. "Don't leave...please..." Sollux whimpered, putting his hands on my shoulders. "Why not?" I asked, getting tense. "I don't want to be alone. I did this so I'd be with you. I'd be happy." He said, letting his hands slip off of me. I turn around to see Sollux crying silently. "Look, I just need some space. I'll call once I get there and checked in." I said, kissing Sollux's head, then leaving. I got to my car and got in, putting in the Death of a Bachelor CD by Panic! At The Disco and turning on House of Memories. 

I pull up to the Motel Pyrope, famously owned by the Pyrope family. I get to the front desk and see Terezi licking her phone."Hey Terezi, I need a room." I said, walking up to the desk. "Mmm, Dirk, you're alone?" She asked, sniffing the air. "Yeah, can I get a room now?" I asked, I just want to sleep this whole day off. "How long do you plan to stay?" She asks, putting her phone down. "Just 1 night." I said, watching her turn around and grab a key. "That's 20$." She said, setting the key on the desk, flipping her hand palm up. I pull out my wallet, setting a 20$ on her hand and taking the key. "Enjoy your stay, Strider." She said, snickering as I walked out of the office. 

I made my way to the room that matched the card number. I got to room 40 and opened the door. By the way this place was decorated, you could tell the owners were blind. Old off white wallpaper, a queen bed against one wall and a small tv on a dresser on the opposite side. The bathroom was almost the same but way smaller and with a toilet and shower, a sink against one wall. I go to the main part of the room and sit on the bed. This place sucks, I just wanna sleep. I stand up, taking off my shoes, socks, pants, and shirt. I set my shades on the bedside stand and lay under the covers on the bed. I turn off the lamp that I switched on when I came in and tried to sleep. It didn't take much considering how tired I was.