S E V E N T E E N

[Song: Nightcore - Dancing With Tears In My Eyes]

Chapter 17 | Nightmare Confession

"Aphmau?" I said in shock.

She looked at me with red and frightened eyes. She looked like she was going to die of fear.

"A-Aaron?" She says not expecting me to be here.

"Why are you crying?" I ask her.

"Long story," She sniffles. I felt sympathy for her. I really loved her. But I couldn't tell her in this state.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me," I told her. She shook her head.

"I should probably tell you. I've been even hiding the severity of the nightmares I've been having." She stated softly.

I sat down next to her.

"They were terrible and horrifying." She started. "I had three nightmares in total. Each one getting more traumatizing. The first one was when all of you died. Right in front of me and I couldn't move. I couldn't interfere. I couldn't protect anyone.

The second one is when I was going to get something for Lucinda and then as I was walking back. The sky turned dark grey and I couldn't control my actions. I went on a killing spree. I watched myself kill everyone I love.

Then the third one..."

She trailed off into sobs. I put my arm around her and pulled her closer to me.

"T-The third one was when. Y-You all t-turned a-against m-me a-and t-took m-me to the Shadow Lord. And I was t-turned i-into a S-Shadow K-Knight and t-the p-process was terrifying. I had to give up all emotion and kill you all again. But this time I did it with no hesitation.

I'd become a monster!"

She was on the verge of having a heart attack. I calmed her down, so that wouldn't happen.

"No matter what happens to you. I'll always be there for you." I told her once she calmed down. I wiped the tears from her face with my thumb.

She hugged me tightly.

"I love you Aaron,"