Chapter 5

"If you want to take on a quest, just get the post of the quest you want and take it here.
I'll have to take it to the Guild Master for approval." Said the woman.

I just nodded and went to the tables to seat. I don't have any intention of getting quests  here, my only purpose was to get information.

The people in the guild were mostly drinking and talking to each other. Others are looking at the quest board to find a quest for them to take.

I just sat there with an untouched mug of ale on my table. I don't drink and I have to stay alert to find information. I heard a group of guys behind me talking about a quest.

The quest they are going to take is a Class A quest. They say that it's a quest to retrieve something on a forest but this forest is not your typical one. Apparently, this forest is a very dangerous one. They say that you can't go deep on it, people who go too deep can't come back.

The quest was from a merchant saying that while traveling to sell his goods, he didn't notice that his direction was on the Great Forest. He was almost lost but thankfully, he found a way but his goods which is worth a thousand gold coins was left. The merchant was willing to reward a hundred gold coins to someone who can get it back.

'The Great Forest huh?' I asked myself. I faced the guys on my back and said, "Can I join?"

There's three of them and they all looked at me. The guy who's was probably their leader asked me, "What rank are you?"

I showed them my card. Their faces scrunched. "Look. We are not here to joke around. You don't know the danger that awaits on The Great Forest. You'll get yourself killed in there. We are Class A adventurers and yet we don't even have the confidence to get out alive how much more you?"

I sighed, "I'm serious. How about this. I'll let my high level brother join. He's a Class S adventurer and he would be a great asset on this quest but you have to let me join first."

They all looked at each other and said the same time, "Deal."

"We'll meet tomorrow early in the morning here. Make sure you bring your brother with you."

I can't possibly bring Dean in this expedition so I was planning to disguise Ethan as my brother.

The next morning, when the sun had still not risen, I prepared myself and went immediately to the border of the Great Forest. I was the first one here so I decided to rest above the tree.

I was dozing off when I heard footsteps coming. I immediately call for Ethan and we both waited at the top. The person who arrived was the person I spoke back then. With him are five others.

"If that pretty boy's not coming then we have to go on our own. This way, we don't have to divide the rewards if ever we succeed." The man said.

After hearing that, I decided to let myself show. "What took you so long guys?" I questioned.

They just looked at me and Ethan. They ignored us and planned the next thing they've got to do among themselves.

The leader looked at us and questioned, "What are your abilities? We need to know each other's ability so we can work successfully with each other."

I cleared my throat, "My brother here is a Wood Elemental while I'm a healer."

"Good."

They introduced themselves one by one and informed us of their abilities. All of them has Elemental Affinities aside from one girl, Alex, who can see in the dark and fogs. Matthew who was their leader is a Wind Elemental. Two others are Fire Elementals, one is a Water Elemental and the last is a Wood Elemental.

After the introductions, we entered the forest. The outer layer of the layer was not that much. Magical Beasts were weaker and would ran scurry away when we passed. There are a few aggresive beasts from time to time but nothing we can't handle.

The most dangerous beast we encountered was the Venus Trap. The Venus Trap is a dangerous beast. It is a platinum-ranked plant beast that lures its victim. The Venus Trap however is a humanoid beast meaning it has the characteristics of a human. The Venus Trap is a naked woman you'll see in the forest who's got good acting skills. As a humanoid beast, it has some knowledge about the human language. It would disguise itself as a woman in need of help, they tie itself on its own vines and would scream for help. Once you help it from its supposed bind, then 'BAM' you won't notice that you have been standing on its real mouth.

One of our Fire Elementals was almost lured, fortunately, I immediately recognized the creature and warned him. He was able to dodge so it decided to attack us. Despite being outnumbered, it was able to fight us on a standstill. Thankfully, Ethan was with us, as the Emperor of the Forest, he can at least command its subjects. The Venus Trap ran when it was injured.

We also have our own casualties, the Venus Trap has an acid spit and the Wood Elemental Guy was hit so we decided to stay in the place and will continue the next day.