Chapter 7

5 years had passed after that quest in the forest. After splitting the rewards with Mong and Fern, we left the place immediately.

We usually live on the forest but from time to time we go to cities or villages to get information. Unfortunately, we haven't got any news about elves. We have checked all forests but no traces of elves were in there.

I have also tried to train to increase my magic power but to no avail. We went to people to get answers, all they say was that I was already at my limit. I can't improve anymore.

I also visited my parents a few times but I was not able to talk with my brother. When I came again, the house was already abandoned. They moved in with my brother at the Capital. I heard he was now a high ranked soldier. I tried to go to he Capital to see him but Ethan and the others won't let it. It was far too dangerous for an elf to wander around the Capital. They say. Guards were everywhere and if you're a bit suspicious, you'll be captured.

Right now, we're sitting around a campfire roasting meat. I was sitting on Finn's lap and he was trying to get my attention.

"Hey. You okay. You look troubled."

All of them looked at me. I sighed, "Let's risk it."

"Risk what?" Gabriel asked.

"Let's go to the Capital. We ca-"

"No!" I was interrupted. "It's too dangerous." Ethan warned.

"It's true you know. I was once captured by humans so I know how hard it is. I was often whipped but fortunately, I was given as prize to you. I also won't allow you to go." Finn said.

I looked at them and they all seem to agree with each other.

"Look. We won't get nowhere if we stay here forever. I'm an elf, yes, I won't age but I can't just spend my lifetime hiding from something that can be the answer." I plead.

"No and that's final. Instead, we should check the Great Forest again. I think I felt a presence in there."

I don't know whats up with me but I was enraged.

"No. We won't go there. I'm you're Master and you will obey me and I say we go to the Capital"

All of them stiffened. They all bowed and said at the same time. "Yes Master."

I looked at Ethan but all I can see was dissapointment the same as the others. I wanted to apologize but I refrained myself from doing it. We have to do this. No. I have to do this.

They returned to the summoning book. Alright. If they don't want to help me, that's fine. I started walking to the direction of the Capital. We bought a map a long time ago. We found out that maps are pretty convenient when travelling.

A few hours later, I was exhausted and decided to rest. It would take 3 days when riding on Finn but with my pace, it will take about 10. I can command him to let me ride on his back but I don't want them to hate me even further.

I unpacked my baggages and started to find food and wood. Ethan would do this but it seems I have to do it alone now.

I am a very good archer but beasts here were more powerful that I thought. They either dodge it or block it with their abilities. I can't hit anything so I decided to get fruits instead.

I found a few but it was not enough, I was still so hungry. After collecting a decent amount of firewood, I went back to the camp, it was beginning to darken and I can't stay here in the dark.

When I get back, my problem now is lighting a fire and I was getting thirsty. Water would not be a problem if Crush was here. He'll just wave his hand and water would appear. I've been too dependent on them for so long that i don't know any basic camp skill.

--------------

I don't know how long it's been that I've been traveling by myself. I've difficulties but thanks to my ability, I managed. Sometimes, beasts would come but I can sense it when something is coming so I immediately hide. Thankfulky, I haven't encountered any beast with amazing scent. If that happens, I'm doomed.

I was walking on a downward slope and last night was raining so it was a bit slippery. I was enjoying the view but then I slipped. I was rolling and bumped to some trees and stones but in no time, I arrived below.

I was covered on mud and I think I sprained an ankle. I heard running water somewhere so I followed the sound. I was getting closer but black spot suddenly appeared on my vision. When I looked below, my leg was covered in blood. 'How come i didn't notice this?' was my last thought before I was swallowed by darkness.