Chapter 22

"You already know our history so I am going to discuss to you directly what we Elves are guarding. It is Nature Magic. Basically, it is the control of nature and the living things living in it. That includes the beasts and the animals. What made Nature Magic amazing than the other Ancient Magic is that it greatly suits people who lack magic power such as you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nature Magic is the only magic that is not depending on the caster's magic power. Do you know what the Great Goddess of Nature's motto? 'The nature provides'. The more living things is around you, the more power you can control. The only downside is the way how to learn the magic. Us Elves are in tuned with nature so we don't have a problem with learning."

"But for you, it will be hard. To learn Nature Magic, you have to connect to the Elder Tree. The Tree will then judge you if you are worthy yo learn the magic. But, before you can connect to the Elder Tree, you must have no internal turmoils on you. It will act as a hinder on the communication between you and the Tree."

"Follow me." He said. He opened he passage way and I was met with the bright light outside. He led me deeper in the woods and after arriving on a clear area far from the Elder Tree, he ordered me to sit.

For a moment, it was silence. The blowing sound of the wind and the rustling of the trees are the only thing I can hear. 'I wonder if there dangerous beasts in here' I thought.

I was startled when the Elder spoke, "Close your eyes."

I closed it. It was a few minutes later when I have gotten impatient. I opened my eyes but then, "We won't get any further if you won't obey me."

So I closed it again. I fought the temptation to open my eyes, I was about to give up but I hear his voice again, "Feel the earth beneath you. Smell the breeze of the wind. Hear the river running. Lower your guard and offer yourself to nature."

I did what he said. I felt the earth beneath me feeling the small granules of sand, smelled the wind with the musky and earthen fragrance of the forest, heard the river nearby as it flows down stream and felt the heat on my skin as I bask myself on the light of the sun.

I lost myself for a moment and I can feel myself travelling underground seeking a powerful entity. I saw a light and I went to its direction. I was about ten meters away from the light when a giant figure obstructed my view. It was me, the enraged me.

Instead of attacking the village, it was attacking me instead. It attacked me and I did my best to dodge but its attacks are getting faster and I cannot keep up. I looked up  and a giant palm was coming towards me. I ran to the side and I managed to get out but my foot was trapped on its palm. It picked me up with his hands and put me closer to its face. "Murderer" was the last thing it said before it squeezed the life out of me waking me up from my meditation.

I was gasping for air and I did not even notice that the Elder was rubbing my back asking what happened.

"This is what I told you about. You won't be able to communicate with the Elder Tree having this internal battle of yourself. Accepting nature starts with you and that means you have to accept yourself. I won't insist that you tell me what the problem is all about. I will let you face your own problem. Just remember that you can't learn Nature Magic if you can't solve this problem."

After that incident, I tried many attempts but no such luck. My nightmares were also getting worst and I only have a small amount of sleep every night. Despite this, I still kept on trying to reach out the Elder Tree but the Giant Me always come out. In every attempt that I did, the Giant had already killed me in every possible way. On the first one  I was squeezed. The second one was being flattened by the giant palm. I was also killed by being stepped. I was also eaten.