Chapter 17

"High elf?" I questioned. I read a lot of books and this was the first time I've heard of the term. All I know about elves was that they were ruled by Elders. Among all the races, Elves are the only race to have this kind of government system.

Deserters are ruled by their queen, the famous Queen Medusa. The Wyverns are ruled by their king, King Davion. Dwarves and Avians are ruled by their chiefs. Beastmen have the ABO (Alpha/Beta/Omega) system. Demons are from another dimension but from the information I read, they also has a King or Queen like the the Deserters and Wyverns. The Sea Dwellers are ruled by Empress Mariana.

I looked at her, tears were pooling on her eyes and I kind of panicked. I looked around for other people, if people see this, they'll think that I just bullied their elder. I walked over to her and put my hand on her back rubbing it back and forth, "You okay?" I said with a hint of concern. You would be too if a lady cried in front of you suddenly. I was not born for this.

I panicked more when she hugged me. Her cries has turned to wails and I don't know how to stop it. I need help! Anyone! My shirt was already wet from her tears and probably from snot and saliva. Her wails were echoing around and it would be a surprise if the whole village didn't hear it. Of course, my guess was right. A few minutes later, a panic stricken elf had come running. However, when she saw me, instead of trying to console the crying elder, she joined the mourning. Now I was left to deal with two crying ladies.

Thankfully, they stopped a few minutes later. Elder Mia wiped her eyes and told me, "I'm sorry." Then blew her nose using my shirt. Now, I was abit irritated. It's okay that they used my shirt for a shoulder to cry on but to blow on it. I just clenched my teeth. The other Elf on the other hand didn't imitate the elder. In her eyes, we are not the same in status, I am a High Elf to him- whatever it means- and should not disrespect me.

"I'm alright now." Then Elder Mia beamed like a ball of sunshine. It was like she was not on a crying session a while ago. "I'll explain later. Follow me first."

I followed her. She led me to the highest tower of the castle. I thought it was grand like the other places but all I saw was a round table with many seats around it. At the center was a crystal ball. You know, I now realized that the world is obsessed with crystal balls. Why can't it be crystal prisms? Or cubes?

She touched it and of course, it glowed. That was expected, that was what it always do. She sat on one of the chairs tapping the chair beside her indicating that I should sat with her. Earlier, Elder Mia hid my wings away. She said that she wanted it to be a surprise to the others.

The double doors slammed open and came out a scowling elf man. He looks like in his early twenties and has blonde hair like all the others. He has green eyes and the fair skin, a common trait to an elf. He is also tall with muscles all around the proper places. All in all, he would be popular in terms of human beauty. He was wearing full armor holding his head gear on his hand. On his waist was his sword and like me and Elder Mia, he also has wings.

"I hoped this meeting is for a good reason. I did not stop the soldier training just for a petty talk about nonsense." He grumbled.

The scowling man did not erase the mood of Elder Mia, in fact, she was more excited, "You'll love this. I know it."

A few seconds later, a loud cry of an eagle was heard. It was circling around the tower, on top of it was a man. He jumped from tye eagle to the window. "What's up." He greeted. He was wearing some kind of mask and wearing a cloth made of wool. On his waist were a pair of axes. He was bigger than the scowling elf and was more of a fun person. When he removed his mask, the largest grin can be seen on his face. He went to the direction of the scowling elf and pulled him into his hands forcing him into a bear hug. The scowl deepened. From the toleration that he gave from the hug that I didn't expect from him, he was probably used to it.