Chapter 36

A/N Another Chapter. I don't know how to write action scenes and I know the details were not enough, I am sorry for that. I hope you guys like it.

It was a very busy night. No one's in the mood to sleep and everyone was so alert and wary to their surroundings.

That includes me.

All those who can't fight like the elderlies, children and some women stayed inside the Main Elder Tree. They are not allowed to go outside and if ever the Elves will lose this fight, the Elder Tree will help them escape by creating a new passage. Basically, they are the people who would preserve the Elven Race if ever all of us died in the battle field.

All of the Elders were so busy while I don't know what to do. Elder Mia and Grandpa Rashid were tasked to assist and they gave off food for everyone and blankets and stuff. Elder Lance and his followers were preparing and polishing their armors while some of them were on the training grounds practicing their skills. Elder Chase and her followers were with the Grand Elder atop their towers scouting for any sign of the enemies movements. Elder Rexx were talking to the beasts on the outskirts of the forest to rally them and help us fight the humans.

Then there's me.

A very useless me.

I don't know what to do at all.

So I sat there with my Sprites just waiting for the next thing to happen. Even one of my Sprites yawned because he is so bored. Lisa might be the only person who was very attentive among us. She encourage the others to prepare because in this fight, our strength is very needed.

I was thankful to her and at the same time, fely bad about myself. That was supposed to be my responsibility but it was a follower who have done it instead of me.

It was a couple of hours later when the signal sounded. One of the scout towers gave off a loud noise from a horn. This made all of the Elves stop what they were doing.

Elder Lance and his followers calmly went to their positions equipped with their respective armors and weapons then prepared at the entrance of the Village. All those who were willing to fight followed them including my Sprites.

I went to Elder Chase' location and there I saw her with his bow drawn loaded with an arrow. Beside her are her Drow followers and some Fair.

"Wait! Wait! Fire!" I heard the shout of Elder Chase followed by the sound of shooting arrows.

I heard shouts and cries at the other side but then, gallops of horses and footsteps of hundreds of men was coming towards us.

"For the Elves!" Elder Lance said raising his sword then charged at the enemy. His followers followed him and also charged at the incoming army.

The army clashed.

Everyone was in chaos. I summoned my summoning book. One by one, my beasts came out the summoning circle.

Kyle was left to guard me and I rolled my eyes on that.

"Go! No need to worry about me. I can manage. They will need you there."

He seemed a bit hesitant at first but I gave him a hard look so in the end, he gave up. He flew away and helped in the fight.

'Now I need to do my job.'

I breathe hardly and spread my arms as if welcoming a lover in my arms. The staff on my right hand began to glow and I felt it. The surge of energy like a tsunami trying to wreck havoc. I welcomed the energy the forests is giving me and when I felt I was almost full to the brink, I released it in one go.

The ground shook and broke then came out thorny vines and plants of different sizes. These plants hindered the enemy coming. They were entangled on their legs to make them slow. Some were impaled and died immediately while others were poisoned and suffered greatly.

This boosted the morale of the Elves while the enemy's morale went down. I let out eight vines, thick as an average warrior, from the ground and controlled them. I looked like a giant octopus displaying its wrath to the unworthy.

I looked at my side and fifty meters away from me is the Commander of the human army. He was eyeing me with hostility and he probably knew that if they would not be able to stop this growing vegetation around them, they would be in a very disadvantaged position. Of course, he is going to aim for me who is the main cause.

He dashed towards me with his big blade. I used my controlled vines to stop him from coming towards me.  There are many close calls were he was almost smacked by a vine but he was able to dodge it. If this keeps on, it will be the end of me.

While I was controlling the vines, I also jumped back to add some distance between us but it was very hard to maintain. Running while controlling the eight vines was not an easy feat.

I stopped for a moment and I find myself out breath. I was breathing heavily so I decided to just give up on using the vines and just focus on running till I find help.

I knew it took a toll on me so it was no surprise when I stumbled the next time I ran. I looked at him and he was not even out of breath. I was not trained for this.

He stood before me with a smirk.

"Well done sweetheart. You have done your best to keep me off but sad to say. Your best was not enough. Hope you enjoy the afterlife."

He swiped the blade on his hand to my chest and with my basic instinct, I managed to save myself. It is a natural reflex to shield yourself when someone is attacking you and in my case, I placed both of my hands in front of me with a closed eyes.

His blade gave off a sound that it connected with another metal. When I opened my eyes, it was actually my staff in my hands that save me from my death. This staff of mine is very durable and won't get destroyed just because of a simple swipe of a blade.

He eyes hardened and tried to pierce me with his blade instead. I used all my strength to roll to the side and the sword hit the ground. The sword kind of went too deep and by commanding the roots beneath us by coiling around the sword, it was much more harder to pull.

Before he could pull it completely, I kicked him. I kicked him hard. I kicked him hard on the crotch. I kicked him hard in the crotch TWICE.

I ran. I heard him groan followed by a thud, but I did not look back. Any minute now and he will be back chasing my ass off and trying to kill me.

But my luck was not good. I met by four soldiers and they aren't Elves, that means they're on the enemies side. They wont let me pass at all and to make it worse, the Commander whose crotch I kicked already caught up with me and was now behind me. I was surrounded by the enemy.

'Why am I not using my wings?' I thought. I smacked myself mentally then prepared myself to fly away. Boy, what a bad thing to do.

Next thing I know, I was met with an invisible force like a cyclone and was thrown away and bumped my head on a rock which almost made me pass out. Luckily, I still have the energy to stand upright.

Their Commander laughed, "You're a slimy one aren't you? So hard to catch. Unfortunately for you, your luck just ran out."

He learned his lesson, he took the staff away from me then handed it to one of his comrades. He raised his blade once again then swung it.

I was closing my eyes all that and thought, 'Oh My Gods and Goddesses, I am gonna die.'