Chapter 41

A/N I don't know if these makes any sense but here is a new chapter. This is unedited.

I caught Elder Orion before he fell. He was coughing a lot of blackish blood.

The She-demon held her hand in front of her and the dagger unsheathe itself on the Grand Elder's body and flew over to the Demon's outstretched hand.

A lot of that foul blackish blood gushed out of the side of his stomach where the dagger was. I tried to heal to close off the wound but it was useless. The wound seemed to push out the green energy from my healing.

"Sad isn't it?", she mocked.

I ignored her and tried for any possibilities. Honestly, this injury should have been very easy to cure since it didn't hit any vital organs. However, the dagger has a strange mechanism that activates when magic power is inserted to it. It poisons someone who has been stabbed or wounded. Even a little scratch would get affected.

When I first witnessed the sinister ability of the dagger, I was afraid of how fast the poison crawled all over the body of the victim until he died. In Elder Orion's case however, you can clearly see how slow it was reacting. It could have been because of his high resistance but hugh resistance or not, if this goes on, Elder Orion will die.

"I am getting bored", she said.

She walked to our direction with her dagger pointed to the ground dripping wet with blood. I stood up in front of Elder Orion trying to bravely defend him even if it was not possible.

I didn't even see it coming. All I knew was I was already flying to the side. I was shocked because she was too fast. It finally registered on me what she did when I felt the numbing pain on my cheek. Apparently, she just slapped me in to oblivion.

I looked around for someone among the Elves who can still fight but the Elves were already cowering in fear. The other Elders were in no condition to fight.

The She-Demon held her dagger, which was pointed to the Grand Elder, up with her two hands.

Everbody closed their eyes. The children were crying while the others were clenching their fists in anger but they know they can't do anything about it.

I know I can't let the Grand Elder die. He was very important to me and without him, I wouldn't have achieved what I've got now. Most importantly, the other Elves would be devastated.

So I did what I can only do in this situation. I prayed.

I prayed to the Goddess Alusthia to help us.

Nothing happened.

The dagger was getting closer and closer to the Elder.

But she stopped all of a sudden.

The expression on her face was really troubled. She was looking around but she was not lookibg at us, she was looking on the ground.

The ground shook and different kinds of vegetation grew. It was different from mine because this vegetation was so full of life energy it replenished and healed a lot of us.

The She-Demon was cursing very loudly trying to cut down roots and vines trying to tie her down but she was having a hard time doing it.

"You think you can restrict me with you pathetic weeds?", she said.

She cut down everything that crawled towards her aggressively. When she was fully free, I did not expect that she would spread her wings and attack me.

It was so horrifying.

The woman that was an elegant and classy lady was gone replaced by a monster. Her eyes turned red and fangs grew on her mouth. Her nails became claws and her skin turned obsidian while her hair turned white.