Chapter 21

For a moment, everything was blank until what he said sinked in.

"What?"

Then he laughed. As usual, his laugh was majestic as always like the whole forest was the one who is laughing. I pouted for a moment then laughed with him.

"I thought for a second that you're telling the truth." I said while laughing. When I said, he stopped laughing but the amusement in his eyes were far from gone.

"I was not joking. Before anyone can learn Terrain Magic, one has to have sex or say make love with his mate under the moon. A full moon to be exact. After that, their Alpha also gets a chance to prove your sincerity. If he accepts it, he will bite you and that will give you the magic."

"The Alpha also has to do me if I want to learn Terrain Magic?" I asked bewildered.

"Of course. He will watch you with your lover under the moon then join you after that. If he thinks the sex with your partner is not enough, he won't bother to have sex with you."

I just shook my head. I won't attempt to learn this magic.

"They do this because they have this motto that is the same as 'Love conquers All'. They believe that love give birth to trust which they badly needed especially when they are one of the victims of the humans in the war. Just like Elves, most of there children are prefereed to be slaves due to them being exotic. They are a nomadic bunch so they are always travelling."

"Now unto the next race. This race did not take part during the meeting they prefer themselves isolated and far from other races. Also because, they can't stay on land for long. They're called the Sea Dwellers led by their leader, Mariana, Empress of the Sea. Sea Dwellers are just like Beastmen but instead of mammals, they have the characteristics of a sea animal."

"Empress Mariana already mastered the Ancient Magic which they are protecting. It is called Obsolescence."

"It is the magic that makes everything useless. It was the same as nullification but it only doesn't affect magic attacks but also physical attacks. They say, learning the magic is simple but the truth is, it is very hard. To learn the magic, you have to sit inside a giant seashell and then it will close. Of course, before you can enter the seashell, you have to ask permission to the queen first."

"All you have to do inside is shut off your five senses. Basically, you have to make it useless. It will be too dark inside so the sense of sight would be no problem but the other senses are very hard to shut. Not only that, the seashell excretes some kind of acid. The longer you stay inside, the more harm will come to your body. If ever you accomplished the task given. The seashell will give you a pearl which will absorbed by your body. After that, you now have the Obsolescence ability."

"After the Sea Dwellers comes the opposite race, the Wyverns who live on volcanos. Wyverns are humans with scales and claws of dragons. They also have their strong tails to fend off enemies. Like us Elves, they also have their own evolution. Wyverns who doesn't have the dragon-like wings are called Newts while those who were evolved and have those dragon-like wings are called Salamanders."

"They're a bit different though, because their race are made up of Slamanders and they treat those unevolved Wyverns as defects."

"That's awful." I remarked.

"Their race are focused in strength, that is how King Davion raised his subjects. They also did not take part in the Alliance between the races so they did not suffer any casualties."

"So, what Ancient Magic did they possess?" I questioned.

He looked at me but this look is different from before, he is more serious and his eyes looks like it might see through my soul.