Chapter 40

A/N Let me tell you guys in advance that the last part of this chapter is super clichè, so brace yourselves. Thank you for reading. Unedited.

She was a demon.

The she-demon looked at me and the dagger that I held.

"Where did you get that?"

"It's none of your business!"

She smiled, "But darling, it is my business."

She showed me her necklace. She showed me her right hand where her bracelet is and she also showed me her other hand where her ring is.

I heard my heart pound. This items have something in common and it was the red gem.

Her necklace's pendant was the same red gem as the dagger. It was also the same as both the bracelet and the ring.

"There are five of them. One was a crown which I left behind and the other is that dagger you are holding. Now hand it over."

I grew stiff. Is she the queen the dagger was referring to? If so, I really have a rotten luck.

The she-demon walked closer to me. Ethan and my other beasts prepared for an attack.

She was already very powerful. If she have this dagger on her hand, I believe she will be unstoppable. I have to not give her this. I hardened my resolve and I flew.

Finn and Crush went to help the Grand Elder while Cole, Chad and Ethan followed me.

The she-demon only looked at us while we were escaping. She was only smirking.

We were too far away already and I can't her figure anymore. I released a sigh of relief.

The next thing I knew, I was smacked by a huge hand and was sent flying to the oposite direction.

Thankfully, I managed to maintain my altitude. I looked above and she was there checking on her nails like it was more worthy of her attention that us lowly lives.

She looked at me in a boring gaze.

"You done playing around?"

Ethan, Cole and Chad jumped from tree to tree to reach our height.

Without glancing at my beasts, she vanished. I felt a strong impact behind me and I was toppled over. Before I can compose myself, another blow has made it to my stomach.

I lost hold on the dagger. I immediately dived downnto retrieve it but before I could, I was hit by a strong kick on my cheek and I crashed on the ground.

The dagger was inches away from my hand. I really tried to reach it but the heel of her foot stomped on my fingers.

"Ahhh!"

I screamed as I felt her apply force. I heard the sound of my fingers breaking. I can only sob because I can't do anything. My body hurt all over that even a tiny move would send me moaning in pain.

She bent down to take the dagger. As if it recognized its true owner, the whole dagger glowed crimson red like fresh blood.

I glanced up to see the three of my beasts preparing for a sneak attack. However, with just one swipe of the dagger, they all turned to light particles and returned to the summoning book.

So that was the true power of the dagger.

"I think it is time for you to say good bye to this world."

All of a sudden, her smirking face turned to a frown then a scream. She was holding her head like she just had a major headache.

Crush immediately came to my rescue and carried me away from the demon.