Deal with the Night

Holding off his right dagger with your left, you brought your right dagger up, hoping to make a critical blow. He easily deflected it with his other dagger before jumping a few feet away. Not sparing the time to look over your shoulder to check on Iris, you ran forward at your attacker. You would just have to hope that she would remain safe, for if you took your eyes off this man it could mean your death.

He prepared himself for your oncoming strikes, as you made it seem like you would go for a higher attack. At the last moment, though, you sheathed your daggers and rolled forward. Not expecting this, he had to dive out of the way lest he be knocked over by you.

Swiftly, you recovered yourself and unsheathed your daggers once more. You had to quickly block his next attack and push his blades back, as they were mere inches from cutting into your facial skin. This man was clearly stronger than you, making your current task much harder than it should have been. Knowing that you would get injured if this position continued, you maintained your balance on your left foot while bringing out your right foot. Hitting him hard on his left ankle, you caused him to lose his balance. While he fell back, you created some distance between the two of you.

In the next moment, you ran forward and roundhouse kicked the man on the right side of his chest. Making a grunting sound, he impacted the dirt path and slid for a few feet. Not giving him any to recover, you went at him again. He unexpectedly, though, lifted up his right arm and threw his dagger directly at you. Due to the speed you were running at, you barely had time to dodge. You could feel the blade slice part of your left cheek before zooming past.

Since you were shocked for just a few seconds, it gave the man just enough time to lift himself back onto his feet before he came straight at you. With his dagger swinging towards you, you held your blades up. The impact of the metal against metal forced you back through the dirt, making you almost lose your footing. Managing to plant your feet firmly into the ground, you were able to focus on the blade nearing your face. This time, however, he pulled back before bringing the blade forward again. He was aiming for your midsection, but you managed to defend your flesh. Several attacks like this followed, he would swing his blade forward before pulling back and aiming for a new spot on you. It was tiring to say the least, but you refused to die.

"Well, well, the little girl can fight. Maybe you're not so little after all," he commented, as a grin spread across his lip, and he created some distance once again.

Not replying to his statement, you caught your breath a bit before rubbing some of the blood away from your face. That cut from earlier did more damage than you had thought. Regardless, you wouldn't let it slow you down, but the feeling of blood running down your face was quite unpleasant. Darting forward, you brought both your daggers down on the man. Only a smirk graced his features before he dodge rolled to the side.

Grabbing hold of your right leg with his right hand, he tripped you, causing you to go crashing against the dirt floor. You could feel the dirt scrape across your skin, causing the organ to break in certain parts. Permitting you no time to get back on your feet, the man walked over to you before placing one of his feet under you and rolling you onto your back. Groaning from the slight pain of your fall, your (e/c) eyes glared up at the man, who only smirked down at you.

"Or perhaps I was wrong, and you are actually a child. Those enemies you faced in the past must've been pretty weak. What were they small insects that bothered you while you were playing with the flowers?" he taunted before stepping on your left wrist with his right foot and removing the dagger from your hand.

Tossing the weapon some distance away, he kicked you in the left side before taking your other dagger from you. The weapon soon joined its partner in the dirt. Placing his right foot now on your midsection, he applied some pressure and the made the situation all the more uncomfortable. You would've summoned your queen's weapon, but such a transformation might cause Iris to be terrified of you. Frankly, you doubted that such weapons existed in this world. If Iris wasn't close by, you would've brought your daggers together when you had them, but sadly this wasn't the case.

Thus, you were left with the only option presented to you, use your fists. About to grip the man's leg and push him off of you, you found your head hitting the dirt again. There was no pressure on your midsection, but the bottom of your chin ached in pain. He had kicked you in the chin with just enough force to send your head back, but not enough to break anything. The man proceeded to crouch next to you on your left side before gliding his left fingers under your chin and gripping the sore area hard.

Biting the inside of your right cheek to keep your mind off the pain that was erupting from your chin, you brought your left hand up and curled it into the fist. It impacted the right side of the male's face, but he kept his footing. Instead, you just saw a flash of amusement rush through his eyes before he took the blade in his left hand and plunged it into your left shoulder. At that moment, pain shot through your whole body, and a scream of agony left your lips. He twisted the blade while in your flesh, as you let out another scream but quieter this time.

"Now that you know who's in charge here, I suggest you don't pull another stunt like that."

You didn't pay his comment much attention, as you rested your head against the dirt. Your eyes turned to focus on the blade in your shoulder before the man's right hand held your chin again. His left hand was still on the blade, when you checked a few seconds ago, but his grip didn't look too secure. He probably didn't expect you to fight back anymore.

As he moved your head from side to side slowly, you lifted your right hand up and punched him in his midsection hard. This action caused the blade to sink further into your skin, and at the moment it was most likely coming out the back of your shoulder. The man grunted in slight pain while his left hand had lost its grip on the dagger. Sparing no time, you gripped the dagger with your right hand and ripped it out from your flesh. You wanted to let out a cry of pain, but right now you didn't, since you had to deal with the man a few feet away from you.

Beads of sweat began to form on your forehead, as your body dealt with the waves of pain shooting through it; however, you focused all of your attention on the man in front of you. Not wasting another moment, you ran forward and jumped into the air. Turning your body in the air, you swung the blade downwards, as the momentum of the blade increased. Before you could come down on him, he grabbed both of your legs ready to toss you. This you wouldn't allow. Thus, you forced yourself upwards and sank the blade into his right shoulder.

With this contact he released his grip on your legs and lost his footing. Due to this, you both went crashing to the ground; however, you still had the upper hand. Pushing yourself up, you removed the blade from his flesh and held it up against his throat. Blood dripped from your face and your shoulder down onto the man's navy blue clothing. Before you could proceed any further, someone grabbed you from behind and pulled you up. You, hurriedly, wrenched yourself from their grasp and went to plunge the dagger into them. Their left hand caught your right one, permitting you a moment to see the individual.

Upon seeing that it was Diamond, you relaxed while he released his grip on your wrist. Worry was evident in his reddish-orange orbs, as he scanned over your form. At the moment you were tempted to fall forward and use him as a makeshift pillow due to the fatigue and pain your body was experiencing. Granted, you forced yourself to turn away and see Heart holding his king's weapon against the man's throat.

"What would you like done to him, Miss _____?" Diamond questioned from behind you, as he rested the palm of his right hand on top of the sheathed blade at his side.

"I suggest we drain him of life slowly," Heart stated, wearing a maddening grin on his lips while his eyes burned with a fiery rage.

Utilizing the rest of your energy, you stepped back over to the man, inquiring, "Were you the leader of this group?"

"What of it, little girl?"

"I want you to travel on ahead and tell the other bandit leaders to leave us alone. If they should attack us, they'll be killed instantly, and I'll find you before sinking your own blades into you."

"You think you can threaten me, little girl, now that your two bodyguards are here? Think again, child. The rest of my men will come and kill the two clowns before me. Then, they'll come and sell..."

Heart never allowed him to finish, as the man was no longer in one piece. Sighing, you were slightly disappointed, since you weren't able to make a deal with him, but you were glad that the threat was over for now. Your body feeling drained, your legs collapsed under you before you felt yourself falling forward. Diamond swiftly caught you before lifting you up bridal style and carrying you back to the wagon. You didn't have it in you to protest; you were exhausted and were glad to get off your feet. Following behind you two, Heart sheathed his king's weapon, as concern danced in his orbs. Both twins were quite worried about your health, since the drops of blood painting the dirt were more than a few.