Embarrassing Transformation

"You say we won't have to see you again?" Queen Octavia inquired with hope glimmering in her autumn colored eyes.

"Yes, I promise. As long as you answer my question," you replied, not really wanting to see her in the future ever again either.

"I suppose I might as well just take you to the depths of Kinete. It will save me the trouble of an explanation, and the forms I would have to fill out. Moreover, my husband should be more than capable of watching over the estate while I'm attending to your desire to see this place. You are alright with this, aren't you, Terune?"

Her husband gave her no answer, but just a simple dismissive wave of the hand. In all honesty he looked to be glad that his wife was leaving. Granted, one could only notice the slight joy in his brown eyes, since his countenance bore an image of boredom.

"Good, we'll head out immediately, then. I have other business to attend to, and I wish to erase this matter from my long list of items," she responded before stepping down the steps of the platform.

You wanted to send a sarcastic remark her way, but you held your tongue, since she was taking you to where you desired to go. Simply thanking her, you gave one last look at the throne room and her disinterested husband before following her out of the large space. As for Diamond, he remained silent while walking on your left. It was easy to tell, though, that he was keeping a close eye on the Rinnedian Queen. Thus, the three of you made your way through the estate and the city much to the surprise of the servants, guards and citizens. Granted, once past the estate gates, the guards trailed behind the three of you.

Frankly, you didn't care about the shocked expressions gracing the countenances of the citizens. Obviously, their Queen didn't make frequent visits outside of her pink marble home. Still, it made sense, since she seemed to be glued to the rule book. If it weren't for the way you gripped your queen's weapons confidently, she might've not given in to answering your question.

Technically, she still didn't answer it but rather decided to just take you there. It's not that you were complaining, but you were suspicious of her quick decision to help you. Something about that shine in her eyes didn't sit well with you. It wasn't just filled with hope but contained an essence of a darker emotion. Thus, you kept your daggers at the ready in case she attempted to stab Diamond and you in the back.

When the three of you reached the city gates, you peered over at Diamond and saw him anxious to get past them. The brothers and you hadn't been in the city for long, but all of you had quickly grown tired of it. Its beautiful gardens were something to behold, but you could see places much more magnificent back on the brothers' world. As the gates opened, the Queen walked through first before casting a quick glance at the gate keeper and gate protector. Next, she took a few more steps forward before turning to face Diamond and you as well as her guards.

Not wasting another moment of time, Diamond went past the gates, his gaze locked onto the gate protector's blue eyes. The woman brought her wooden staff up slightly off the floor of the earth before bringing it back down. Once again, a bright light consumed the area, forcing you to shield your eyes with your arms. Moreover, you could hear Diamond let out a frightening scream. It was as though, you could feel the agony along with him just by the awful sound he was making. You were almost worried that this was all some cruel trick by the gate protector, and that she was in reality killing the brothers. If that were to be the case, you would make sure the woman wouldn't see another day.

There was some hope restored to your being, when you heard a second scream join Diamond's. Thankfully, Heart's voice was quite clear. Still, you wished that you didn't have to hear them in so much pain. Even their sadistic laughs sounded more pleasant than this. Thus, you did your best to block out their cries, but the light in the area was still abnormally bright, so you couldn't move your arms.

At last, when the screams and light ended, you permitted your arms to drop to your sides slowly. Hesitantly, you opened your (e/c) eyes to look over the terrain in front of you. Before you, two forms were lying on the ground. You froze to your spot, however, when you noticed that they weren't moving. Panic was beginning to creep into your veins, desiring to spread throughout your body. Biting the inside of your left cheek, you took one step forward.

"Heart? Diamond?," you called out to them, as the Queen watched with some confusion.

Nothing happened for a moment, which nearly caused you to run forward with fright. Thankfully, both brothers moved ever so slightly from their sprawled out positions on the ground. A giant wave of relief washed over you, as the twins steadily brought themselves to sitting positions on their knees. Diamond's hair had returned to being red with pale pink and yellow highlights while Heart's gained back its natural blue with pale green highlights. Likewise, their eyes were back to their perspective reddish-orange and blue hues. Their face paint was still gone, but that could easily be fixed if they so wished it. Lastly, both bore the glimmering silver and gold ring on their left ring fingers.

The matter that was most concerning, though, was their clothes. Unlike before where their clothes were combined, it was the opposite now. Their clothes were shared between the two. Diamond had the golden hoop in his right ear while Heart wore the silver in his left ear. As for their attire, Diamond had on the black pants and red dress shoes. Regarding Heart, the grey button-up covered his torso while only black boxers were on his lower half. Overall, seeing the undressed brothers caused your face to explode with color. Speedily, you turned the other way while the guards rushed to their Queen and covered her eyes.

If it weren't for their current clothing situation, you would've run over to them and hugged them, but right now, you couldn't even think of doing that. Furthermore, the heat would not leave your cheeks, especially due to the implication of Heart wearing the boxers. Since the clothes had split between the two, that meant that Diamond currently only had the pants on.

Covering your eyes with your hands, you turned back around and demanded, "You two need to put some more clothes on immediately. Go change in the nearby wheat fields!"

Due to you having your eyes covered at the current moment, you didn't see the twins exchange grins. Granted, they were also smiling at the fact that they had their own bodies back. Moreover, each twin could see the other one now. Picking up their pack, Diamond stood up on his feet while helping Heart up. The duo proceeded to walk towards you; however, you could hear their approaching steps.

"What are you two doing?" you questioned, as you took a few steps back to create some more distance between the three of you.

"I thought you wanted to see us restored to our original forms, my dear lady," Heart answered, as he now stood next to you and draped his left arm over your shoulders. "Now, why don't you give us a proper greeting? We won't go away until you do."

"Yes, Miss _____, both your husbands have returned to you, and this is how you greet them? What a pity," stated Diamond, as you felt his fingernails trail lightly over the backs of your hands.

"Okay, if you two go and put something decent on, then I'll give you a proper greeting!" you yelled, keeping your eyes tightly shut, while your cheeks felt like they were on fire.

"Is that so? We'll hold you to that statement, our little queen," they voiced in unison before pulling away from you.

Noting that their footsteps were getting farther from you, you steadily lowered your hands and opened your eyes. They were indeed gone, leaving you with the Queen, her guards and the two individuals at the gate. An unreadable expression graced the elderly man's countenance while the gate protector just wore a look that screamed "just get away from my beloved city." Frankly, you were happy to oblige her unspoken request. Regarding the Queen, the guards stood slightly behind her, as she became speechless and wore a somewhat comical expression on her face. Personally, you couldn't help but laugh at her open mouth and wide eyes.

"They were originally two people?" she asked aloud in surprise. "Then, you're married..."

"It was your law, not mine. Besides, you have your gate protector to thank for putting them into one body. This all rests on you, not me," you spoke, as you crossed your arms over your chest.

Her autumn eyes narrowed while she pressed her lips together. "You sure have the nerve to speak to me like that, outsider. You're lucky I want to get you out of my sight; otherwise I wouldn't be helping you."

"I'm just stating the facts, your highness, but just know that I am grateful for you aiding me in my journey. I may not like you, but that doesn't erase the gratitude that I have towards you for taking me to Kinete," you responded with an unruffled voice.

"Well, at least you have that much," the Queen muttered, pushing a couple strands of her dark brown hair behind her left shoulder, while you waited for the brothers to return.